- Associate Director of e-Procurement at NJIT
- New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT)
Associate Director of e-Procurement at NJIT
The New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT) is always interested in hearing from talented, creative, and dedicated individuals looking to bring their experience to the top polytechnic university in New Jersey.
As the University makes plans to move from a traditional purchasing and procurement model to e-procurement, we are seeking to hire an Associate Director of e-Procurement to develop, lead, and execute the initiative.
The ideal candidate will have 7 years of experience in analysis of business needs, procurement operations, development of business systems and project management experience. As the e-Procurement system will replace current procedures and workflows, experience with change management and excellent communication skills are a must.
The ideal candidate will be part of the University’s transition and growth internally and externally, therefore prior experience with a similar initiative will prove useful and helpful. A summary of functions and qualifications is below. For a full description, and to apply, please see full job posting here.
- Manage, facilitate, implement and support the e-procurement system initiative
- Serve as subject matter expert for the e-procurement system and provide guidance, training and support to purchasing staff, academic and administrative departments
- Work with the e-procurement provider to ensure effective integration and serve as liaison with the Financial Systems & Innovation office to resolve any e-procurement system technology issues
- Lead supplier integration to the e-procurement system
- Drive continuous improvements that result in operational efficiencies by making the system and related processes reliable
- Manage customer support functions for the e-procurement system, including help-desk activity, approval workflow, issue resolution and ongoing enhancement of knowledge and support
- Review new system releases and assess functional and technical impacts before release implementation
- Assist with the development, analysis, monitoring and reporting of procurement/payable metrics, trends and internal controls and procedure compliance
- Promote the utilization of the e-procurement system, including solution demonstrations and collecting internal customer and supplier feedback
- Independently prepare and/or supervise the preparation of RFB/RFP/RFQ specifications which comply with University, State, and Federal guidelines and policies.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in analysis of business needs, procurement operations, development of business systems, project management or an equivalent combination of professional experience with a minimum of 4 years supervisory experience
- Experience with procurement models of ERP systems, electronic catalog management and the most common desktop applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Supply Chain Management or other related field
- Experience with Strategic Sourcing methods
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel
- Knowledge in e-Procurement system
Preferred Qualifications & Related Skills:
- Experience in higher education is a plus
- Experience with Change Management and Conflict Resolution
- Procurement Certification
- Strong team leadership and relationship management expertise
- Ability to articulate goals, strategies and direction
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivated, with integrity and demonstrates the highest level of business ethics in all dealings
- Innovative and strategic thinking
- Knowledge of relevant industry trends and issues
To apply, please visit https://njit.jobs and search for posting # 0604051.
To build a diverse workforce, NJIT encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women. EEO employer.
NEW JERSEY INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
University Heights, Newark, NJ 07102-1982
More search results
Faculty positions in Learning and Neuroplasticity
The University of Iowa / Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences
Golden West College President
Golden West College
Senior Linux Systems Administrator
Assistant Professor, Education
Assistant Professor of Geological Sciences
JobElephant.com - CSU Bakersfield