Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
General Purpose: The Assistant Dean of Community and Inclusion leads ongoing efforts and envisions new directions for growth at the School of Forestry & Environmental Studies in the areas of community, inclusion and diversity. The Assistant Dean will support efforts to further the School’s mission to be an organization that is relevant, inclusive and responsive to all people – ensuring that we can think, act, and engage most effectively with the wide breadth of environmental challenges. The incumbent – with a demonstrated passion and commitment to the environmental field – reports to the Dean of the School and is responsible for working collaboratively across the School’s administrative leadership team and faculty, in addition to with key partners across the university and externally. The Assistant Dean for Community and Inclusion will supervise a part-time professional staff member dedicated to supporting work in this area, as well as mentor and collaborate with the Director of Enrollment Management and Diversity Initiatives. The Assistant Dean will lead efforts to (1) increase the diversity of students, staff and faculty (recruitment and retention); (2) infuse core values of diversity, inclusion and equity into the education, research, practice and outreach activities of the School; and (3) promote a cohesive community within the School around its strategic mission and goals.
Required Education and Experience:
- Master's degree in related field and a minimum of eight years of progressively responsible experience in either educational administration or related corporate roles with direct experience in one or more of: admissions, recruitment, or diversity programming.
- Experience working with and/or serving diverse populations.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral), evidencing the ability and desire to connect and build productive relationships with students, staff, and faculty of the Yale F&ES community.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and engagement with current trends in literature/scholarship regarding diversity, inclusion, and equity.
- Demonstrated ability in fostering inclusive and equitable communities through advocacy, collaboration, development, and empowerment.
- Extensive experience in program development, resource creation, strategic planning, and workshop facilitation for diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Preferred Education, Experience and Skills: Earned PhD/EdD – or similar. Administrative experience and/or experience implementing inclusion and diversity efforts in the environmental field preferred.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at http://bit.ly/2utf2Xg. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression
More search results
Faculty positions in Learning and Neuroplasticity
The University of Iowa / Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences
Golden West College President
Golden West College
Senior Linux Systems Administrator
Assistant Professor, Education
Assistant Professor of Geological Sciences
JobElephant.com - CSU Bakersfield