Director - Journalism and Mass Media
- University of Idaho
- Moscow, ID
University of Idaho
Director - Journalism and Mass Media
Division/College: College of Letters, Arts & Social Sciences
Employee Category: Faculty
Pay Range: $75,900 - $87,975 per year
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The University of Idaho in Moscow, Idaho, invites applications for the position of Director of the School of Journalism and Mass Media in the College of Letters, Arts and Social Sciences. This is a permanent, full-time, tenure-track faculty position at the Associate Professor or Professor level depending on qualifications. Advertised salary range is including the 15% academic year administrative stipend.
The School seeks a dynamic and innovative director who values and promotes outstanding instruction, scholarship and creative activity, professional outreach, and interdisciplinary collaboration, particularly with other units of the College of Letters, Arts and Social Sciences. This is an opportunity for a strategic leader to lead the Northwest's newest accredited program in journalism and mass communication. The director will lead a media education while exploring new fields of study, including a possible master's degree in emerging media.
• Education: Terminal degree in media, mass communications, or related field, including Ph.D., Ed.D., M.B.A., J.D., M.F.A., or terminal professional master’s degree in a media-related field (defined as a master’s degree in an applied media field that is the highest degree offered in that field).
• Experience: Significant academic leadership experience and scholarly record that would qualify at the rank of associate professor or professor, or significant professional leadership experience in a media management or leadership position.
• Academic Experience:
- At least seven years full-time experience teaching with an appropriate scholarly record
- At least two years of previous administrative experience in an academic setting as a director, chair, associate dean or other position
- Demonstrated quality of teaching, scholarship and leadership through the granting of tenure at another institution or equivalent experience;
• Professional Media and Management Experience:
- At least seven years of professional experience in journalism, public relations, advertising, broadcasting, social media or other media related field
- Professional media management or leadership experience, such as managing editor of a daily regional newspaper, film producer, station manager or account executive
- Demonstrated professional leadership through mentoring, teaching and contributions to improving the professional field; recognition and awards from national professional organizations.
OR, a balance of the academic and professional qualifications above
• Ability to articulate a vision for the future of media education, including strategic planning and hiring practices and program development
• Commitment to cultivating a culture of diversity, including recruiting and supporting diverse faculty and students
• Experience with external program accreditation, whether ACEJMC or other accrediting agency
• Experience with budget development and management
• Success in obtaining external funding
• Experience with outreach activities
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: F000605P
Posting Date: 08/04/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
This position will be effective August 2018. Search Committee will begin reviewing applications September 29, 2017.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
Portland State University
Washington University in St. Louis
Term Assistant Professor of Management
George Mason University
Dean of the School of Arts and Letters
College of St. Scholastica
Director of Institutional Compliance
University of North Texas