Senior Director of Development for Intercollegiate Athletics
- Miami University
- Oxford, Ohio
Job Description Summary:
Job ID: 4607 - Unclassified - FT (Salaried)
The Senior Director of Development for Intercollegiate Athletics will help advance the mission of Miami University by planning, organizing and implementing strategies to increase the level of personal involvement and financial commitment of donors and prospects of Miami University. Particular emphasis will be given to strategies seeking philanthropic and volunteer support for the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics.
- Direct a comprehensive development program for the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics in response to its campaign goals and initiatives. Manage and develop strategies for all prospects of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics. Manage and direct all development staff assigned to work for the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics.
- Identify, cultivate, and personally solicit alumni and friends of Miami University for gifts of $100,000 and above. Manage a portfolio of approximately 100-150 individual prospects.
- Prepare and present gift proposals to prospects with the input and assistance of faculty, administrators, and deans, as well as other constituent and central development officers. Proposals may involve establishing multi-year commitments, as well as helping to facilitate gifts of real estate, personal property, securities, and gifts in wills, trusts, annuities and insurance.
- Effect cultivation, solicitation and stewardship calls to alumni and friends independently and occasionally with other staff, faculty, administrators and alumni volunteers. Encourage and coordinate involvement of alumni and friends through campus visits and regional events.
- Develop and implement service, cultivation, and solicitation strategies for assigned prospects with the support of Advancement Services and Office of Development staff and faculty and administrators.
- Perform other duties related to the mission of the Office of Development under the guidance of the Senior Associate Vice President for University Advancement, thereby serving as the principal departmental liaison for the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics in addressing their philanthropic and alumni relations objectives.
Bachelor’s degree; minimum of five years fundraising experience or comparable professional experience; demonstrated level of leadership; outstanding oral and written communication skills; excellent organization skills and attention to detail; and willingness to travel extensively both on a regional and national level.
Experience working in an intercollegiate athletic department; management experience; knowledge of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and University Advancement’s operating procedures.
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco free.
More search results
Dean of the College of Business Administration
University of Texas at El Paso
Supervisor, HVAC Controls & Automation
Kelly F Cronan
Supervisor, Electrical Trades
Kelly F Cronan
DEAN OF THE SCHOOL OF GRADUATE AND PROFESSIONAL S…
Southern Connecticut State University
Executive Director of Global Recruitment
University of Dayton