Application Team Leader
- Miami University
- Oxford, Ohio
Job Description Summary:
Job ID: 4564 - Unclassified - FT (Salaried)
The Application Team Leader provides strategic vision, manages projects and leads technical staff to provide integrated software solutions for Alumni Relations, Stewardship and Development areas within the University Advancement.
- Manages IT staff including recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising staff performance. Provides team leadership, project management, and collaboration with a team of 3-5 IT developers and technicians.
- Serves as liaison to Central Information Technology and to functional departments of University Advancement and other divisions across campus. Provides guidance and coordination for application projects and reporting provided by Central IT Services. Manage large system upgrades to the Banner ERP. Coordinate support with other IT Services areas.
- Serves as software application team leader or scrum master to proactively contribute to the advancement of the software application team’s success through successful projects.
- Designs, develops, implements and coordinates systems, policies and procedures.
- Develops application specifications based on existing requirements using agile or other techniques. May participate in gathering and documenting requirements and writing application code and reports.
- Coordinates support of existing applications, reports and interfacing.
- Implement maturity model for data integrity to provide constant improvement initiatives for the improvement of data quality.
- Participate in change management procedures.
- Create and execute multiple levels of test plans including the automation of tests.
- Provide support and problem resolution of computer applications, production schedules, testing.
- Provide demonstrations and training on new and modified computer applications to end users.
- Provide and enforce standards for team members for project practices, tracking and software development.
- Work with client departments to suggest solutions to problems. Learn and understand client business processes and functions.
- Actively seek to balance excellent customer service with efficient operations.
- Participate in professional development activities.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or Systems Analysis and 5-8 years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience in Software Application Development or a related field.
- Experience in software application development and using database management systems in application development and project management software applications, or project resource planning and coordinating internal or external development resources, and managing personnel.
- Experience as an IT manager or software project team leader with experience working in and managing teams implementing 3rd party systems and integration with SaaS platform.
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and computer hardware/software systems.
- Exposure/demonstrated experience with application support, development and third party application deployment in Linux, Windows, or SaaS environments.
- Exposure/demonstrated experience participating in Agile teams using Scrum, Kanban or Waterfall.
- Knowledge/experience coordinating application development in PHP, Perl, or similar languages.
- Working knowledge of desktop operating systems, SQL or other database querying tools and techniques.
- Experience developing and testing web applications for accessibility (ADA) compliance.
- Experience using source code management systems (Git, SVN, etc.).
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills; including communicating with technical and non-technical clients, and with clients and staff at all organizational levels.
- Customer service skills; including diplomatically, patiently, and successfully handling complaints, problems, questions, conflict, and suggestions.
- Demonstrated ability to independently gain knowledge of technology and industry trends.
- Working knowledge of network architecture and concepts including DNS, DHCP, VLANs.
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco free.
More search results
Assistant Director of Academic and Learning Resou…
Lecturer with Potential Security of Employment (L…
University of California, San Diego
Assistant Professor in Latin American Music
University of California, San Diego
Dean of the College of Business Administration
University of Texas at El Paso
Supervisor, HVAC Controls & Automation
Kelly F Cronan