Associate Director of Comparative Race and Ethnic Studies
The Comparative Race and Ethnic Studies (CRES) program at Texas Christian University invites applications for our inaugural Associate Director, a permanent, full-time instructional staff position (12-month, not tenure-track). The Associate Director of Comparative Race & Ethnic Studies supports the Comparative Race & Ethnic Studies (CRES) program, which seeks to educate students, faculty, staff, and the larger community to critically examine racial and ethnic identities as an essential step in becoming ethical citizens and leaders in today’s global community.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
- Teaches one course per semester and helps manage the full range of administrative, financial, fundraising, research, educational, and outreach activities of the program.
- Supports and helps to develop the mission of CRES by cultivating a network of scholars, students and leaders on and off campus.
- Serves as ambassador for CRES to students and to other internal and external constituencies in order to raise the academic profile and prestige of the program and to extend its impact throughout the TCU and Fort Worth communities through co-curricular programming and community engagement.
The mission of CRES is to educate students, faculty, staff, and the larger community to critically examine racial and ethnic identities, experiences, and issues as an essential step in becoming ethical citizens and leaders in today’s global community. As an academic- and community-oriented program committed to intercultural understanding, advocacy, and action, CRES values respect, inclusiveness, creative expression, dialogue, engagement, inquiry, and academic excellence.
- A Ph.D. or another terminal degree completed by January 1, 2018, in Ethnic Studies or a similar interdisciplinary field or in a traditional discipline with significant demonstrated background and experience related to race and ethnicity.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching courses on race and/or ethnicity at the college level.
- Experience working within an academic institution, non-profit organization, or public administration, or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Experience in curriculum development, strategic planning, and/or academic leadership roles.
- Experience in activism or community engagement.
To apply, upload a letter of application, CV, teaching philosophy statement, and a 1-page statement explaining how the applicant will contribute to diversity and inclusion in CRES and at TCU to tinyurl.com/CRESAD, or hr.tcu.edu. Three confidential letters of recommendation should be sent by recommenders or dossier service to firstname.lastname@example.org. All questions regarding the application process may be directed to Human Resources at email@example.com or 817-257-7790. Review of applications begins August 15, 2017, and will continue until the position is filled. Anticipated start is January 2018.
A highly selective teaching and research university with 10,000 students, TCU is an independent, nonsectarian, coeducational institution committed to academic freedom located in Fort Worth, Texas, the 16th largest city in the United States and part of the nation’s fourth-largest metropolitan area. TCU has been recognized for six consecutive years as one of the “Great Colleges to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education. As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
(817) 257-4704 (o)
More search results
Faculty positions in Learning and Neuroplasticity
The University of Iowa / Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences
Golden West College President
Golden West College
Senior Linux Systems Administrator
Assistant Professor, Education
Assistant Professor of Geological Sciences
JobElephant.com - CSU Bakersfield