Vice Provost for eLearning
- University of Cincinnati
The University of Cincinnati invites applications and nominations for the position of Vice Provost eLearning reporting to the Senior Vice Provost for Academic Affairs. The University of Cincinnati is classified as a Research University (Very High Research Activity) by the Carnegie Commission and is ranked as one of America’s top 35 public research universities by the National Science Foundation. UC jumped 17 spots in the U.S. News & World Report rankings in the past two years alone. In addition to being named a “green university” by Princeton Review, UC has been named one of the world’s most beautiful campuses by Forbes and Delta Sky magazines. Learn more at www.uc.edu. Clearly the university is on the move and we are seeking an inspiring and innovative leader with the energy and expertise to continue the positive trajectory of the University by consolidating and expanding eLearning at the University of Cincinnati.
The University of Cincinnati currently has 82 degrees and certificates offered through an eLearning. For fall of 2016, over 5,468 students were enrolled in 100% distance learning programs, while an additional 11,154 students took online courses. Recently the university has made a significant investment in money, people, and other resources to our eLearning efforts through an initiative entitled Cincinnati Online. We are committed to being a leader in eLearning and the Vice Provost for eLearning is responsible for overall leadership in achieving this goal by expanding our eLearning education opportunities and growing enrollment nationally and internationally, while working with faculty to enhance the quality of these offerings.
The Vice Provost for eLearning serves as a member of the academic affairs leadership team under the supervision of the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost. The Vice Provost will work closely with the Deans and other university administrators to strategically collaborate with faculty to expand and enhance the quality of our eLearning efforts through Cincinnati Online. The Vice Provost will supervise a team of individuals responsible for: budget, marketing, instructional design, web design and maintenance for Cincinnati Online. The Vice Provost will work in partnership with the CIO to ensure that Cincinnati Online has the appropriate technological support.
The success of this ambitious and highly visible eLearning portfolio will require a leader with vision, considerable skill with outstanding relationship-building qualities, and an entrepreneurial spirit. We are looking for candidates that come from an academic background or have experience in an eLearning support business in the privates sector. The successful candidate will have: a) demonstrated success supporting eLearning within a shared governance academic environment, b) experience working collaboratively across a diverse organization, c) direct experience and success with eLearning programs at the graduate and undergraduate level, and e) a sophisticated understanding of how to ensure that our eLearning offerings are excellent and competitive in the marketplace.
- Collaborates with multiple constituencies to develop and implement plans to advance eLearning consistent with the mission, vision and strategic priorities of the University.
- Ensures that appropriate policies, personnel, systems and resources are in place to support Cincinnati Online.
- Ensures alignment of integrated technologies needed to deliver eLearning, face-to-face, and blended instruction. These technologies must interface seamlessly with enterprise systems and fully leverage the technology resources provided by the University.
- Works with constituencies throughout the University to ensure high-quality services to support student success in eLearning programs.
- Collaborates with Communications, Enrollment Management, and Deans to develop and implement integrated marketing and enrollment strategies that identify and market appropriately eLearning and new branch campus programs.
- Works with the deans of the schools and colleges to maximize revenues and efficiencies generated by the University's program, certificate and course offerings.
- Working with faculty to enhance the quality of eLearning offerings through the adoption of best practices and emerging technologies.
- Provides guidance and direction regarding compliance with accreditation standards and industry regulations related to quality assurance for eLearning programs.
- Participates in relevant University policy and planning committees and meetings.
- Builds relationships with key community and corporate constituencies in each regional campus area.
- Executing all other duties as assigned by the Senior Vice Provost for Academic Affairs.
- Experience and success developing collaborative relationships within a shared governance academic environment.
- Experience with developing and coordinating effectively a diverse portfolio responsibilities.
- Knowledge of leading edge issues, trends, and best practices in eLearning to support student learning.
- Knowledge of faculty development around eLearning.
- Experience using technologies to drive innovation in a complex organization.
- Evidence of the ability to build and sustain a highly functioning team.
- Evidence of budget and fiscal experience and accountability, with the demonstrated ability to develop and manage expense and revenue budgets for eLearning programs.
- Experience with successful eLearning education at the graduate and undergraduate level.
- Understanding of marketing and enrollment strategies unique to eLearning.
- Demonstrated successes in developing and implementing business, strategic and operating plans.
- Demonstrated ability to collaboratively work with diverse groups including deans, faculty, students, Enrollment Management, Student Affairs, Marketing, etc. to foster Cincinnati Online.
- Strong analytic, problem-solving, written and oral communication and presentation skills; flexibility, responsiveness, and impeccable follow-through.
- An understanding of–and commitment to support–the Vision, Mission, and Values of the University.
- Strong commitment to academic quality, with the ability to work with the provost’s team to secure and maintain the University's accreditation to deliver online degree programs.
- Positive attitude, proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion.
- A Terminal Degree appropriate to the applicant's academic field of expertise.
- Work experience in an eLearning support business.
- Successful university or other eLearning teaching experience.
- Experience with instructional design and active learning best practices in online environments.
- A record of research, scholarly and creative activity suitable for a faculty appointment in one of the disciplines of the University.
- At least five years of successful administrative experience.
To apply, please visit: http://bit.ly/2t9rmbn
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES
OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked upon receipt of CV to provide a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.
More search results
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
Portland State University
Washington University in St. Louis
Term Assistant Professor of Management
George Mason University
Dean of the School of Arts and Letters
College of St. Scholastica
Director of Institutional Compliance
University of North Texas