Assistant Director of Alumni Relations for Alumni Groups
- Miami University
- Oxford, Ohio
Job Description Summary:
Job ID: 4456 - Unclassified - FT (Salaried)
The Assistant Director of Alumni Relations, Alumni Groups, will work within a
collaborative office environment and share responsibilities for planning and
implementing alumni engagement initiatives designed to foster lifelong
connections between alumni and the university, with particular responsibilities
for Miami’s affinity and reunion groups. This position reports to the Director of
Alumni Groups & Reunions.
The ideal candidate will be energetic and innovative. He or she will have many
opportunities to collaborate with talented people and build relationships both
across campus and within the division of University Advancement.
This person will have excellent communication skills and be able to handle
multiple projects. She or he will have the ability to work with varied
personalities and work styles.
- Serves as staff liaison to Miami’s alumni groups, including organizing meetings and conference calls, activities and logistics.
- Coordinates with advancement colleagues and campus partners to provide infrastructure, support and guidance for alumni groups with ties to both academic and non-academic programs.
- Represents the Miami University Alumni Association at programs and events as necessary, including events on campus and away from campus (regionaland national travel).
- Identifies and trains new volunteer leaders; forms new advisory groups; stewards existing groups and volunteer leaders.
- Partners with development staff to coordinate and strengthen alumni groups and affinity based fundraising.
- Utilizes social media to further and/or build relationships with both established and new alumni groups, coordinating with divisional and university social media efforts.
Bachelor's degree and one to three years of work experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience in a non-profit or higher education setting. Internships, volunteer work, and other experience gained during the completion of a degree program may be counted towards this requirement. Organized and task-oriented with demonstrated problem-solving skills and the ability to manage several projects simultaneously. Ability to work collaboratively with various constituency groups, volunteers, and campus partners. Strong communicator with excellent written, verbal, and social media skills. Will have an eye on the current digital environment and an interest in or experience with social media marketing trends. Strong understanding of and commitment to customer service.
- Master's degree.
- Knowledge of Miami University.
- Experience in a non-profit or higher educational setting.
- Experience creating and/or leading alumni programming.
- Strong presentation skills and/or demonstrated training experience toward such a goal.
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco free.
More search results
Dean, College of Fine Arts
Florida State University
Vice President for University Advancement Affairs…
Metropolitan State University of Denver
President and Chief Executive Officer
The Forum on Education Abroad
Vice President for Campus Services
University of California, Santa Barbara