- Assistant Director of Alumni Relations for Alumni Chapters
- Miami University
- Oxford, OH
Assistant Director of Alumni Relations for Alumni Chapters
Job Description Summary:
Job ID: 4448 - Unclassified (Salaried)
The Assistant Director of Alumni Relations, Alumni Chapters, will work within a collaborative office environment and share responsibilities for planning and implementing alumni engagement initiatives designed to foster lifelong connections between alumni and the university, with particular responsibilities for Miami’s geographic chapters.
The ideal candidate will be energetic and innovative. She or he will have many opportunities to collaborate with talented people and build relationships both across campus and within the division of University Advancement.
This person will have excellent communication skills and be able to handle multiple projects. She or he will have the ability to work with varied personalities and work styles.
- Serves as staff liaison to Miami’s alumni chapters, including organizing meetings and conference calls, activities and logistics.
- Identifies and trains new volunteer leaders; forms new chapter boards; stewards existing groups and volunteer leaders.
- Represents the Miami University Alumni Association at programs and events as necessary, including events on campus and away from campus (regional and national travel).
- Coordinates with advancement colleagues and campus partners to maintain connections between alumni and campus through alumni chapters and other location-based engagement opportunities.
- Partners with development staff to coordinate and strengthen alumni chapter scholarship fundraising
- Utilizes social media to further and/or build relationships with both established and new alumni chapters, coordinating with divisional and university social media efforts.
- Bachelor's degree and one to three years of work experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience in a non-profit or higher education setting. Internships, volunteer work, and other experience gained during the completion of a degree program may be counted towards this requirement.
- Organized and task-oriented with demonstrated problem-solving skills and the ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work collaboratively with various constituency groups, volunteers, and campus partners.
- Strong communicator with excellent written, verbal, and social media skills. Will have an eye on the current digital environment and an interest in or experience with social media marketing trends.
- Strong understanding of and commitment to customer service.
- Master's degree.
- Knowledge of Miami University.
- Experience in a non-profit or higher educational setting.
- Experience creating and/or leading alumni programming.
- Strong presentation skills and/or demonstrated training experience toward such a goal.
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco free.
More search results
VICE CHANCELLOR FOR RESEARCH AND ECONOMIC DEVELOP…
UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA-LINCOLN
Assistant Professor of Finance
Rady School of Management, UC San Diego
Bioengineering Broad Area Faculty Search
Stanford University Department of Bioengineering
Senior Assistant/Associate Professor of Economics
Texas Christian University
Assistant Professor in Economics
Texas Christian University