Internal Medicine Hospitalist Opportunity
The Division of General Internal Medicine is comprised of over 70 full-time academic faculty members with broad clinical and educational interests. The goals of these unique positions are to provide faculty the opportunity to practice high-quality, evidence-based inpatient general medicine; develop expertise in subspecialty medicine; and build skills in clinical quality, research and medical education. All positions are flexible to meet career interests and provide opportunities for ongoing professional development.
Clinical focus areas include the following:
- General Medicine Hospitalists:Positions available on teaching-directed and attending-directed services. Attending-directed services are supported by a PA/ARNP during the day. The General Internal Medicine inpatient services provide care to patients on general medicine services and provide perioperative evaluations and consultative care to patients on surgical services and other specialties. The majority of General Medicine Hospitalist positions involve a mix of clinical practice and resident and medical student supervision.
- VA General Medicine Hospitalists:Positions available on teaching-directed and attending-directed services. Accepted candidates will also have ability to develop research and quality competence and skills supported by a robust outcomes research and quality area.
- Cardiology Hospitalists: Positions available are attending-directed with the support of a PA/ARNP during the day. Duties include day-to-day medical care of low-risk cardiovascular and high acuity heart failure patients in close collaboration with Cardiology faculty.
- Hematology Oncology Hospitalists: Positions available are attending-directed with the support of a PA/ARNP during the day. Duties include day-to-day medical care of Routine Chemotherapy, Bone Marrow Transplant, Acute Leukemia, and Solid Tumor patients in close collaboration with Hem-Onc faculty.
- Medical Observation Unit Hospitalists:Positions available are attending-directed with the support of a PA/ARNP during the day. Duties include caring for patients requiring a short stay for selected general medical conditions.
The University of Iowa Department of Internal Medicine is recruiting part-time and full-time BC/BE internists for clinical faculty positions that offer a dynamic mix of activities within the Division of General Internal Medicine. Candidates must have a M.D. degree or equivalent. Applications will be accepted for positions at the rank of Associate or Clinical Assistant Professor, commensurate with experience and training. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Desirable qualifications include: experience practicing hospitalist medicine, experience teaching medical students or residents, demonstrated interest in scholarly activity, strong oral and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills.
Primary practice sites are the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics (UIHC), which was recognized as one of the top health care employers for the third consecutive year by Forbes in 2017 and has consistently ranked as one of the top 15 medical centers in the U.S. by US News and World Report. The University of Iowa College of Medicine works in close partnership with the UIHC, and the Iowa City Veterans Affairs Hospital and is ranked as one of the top ten public medical schools in NIH funding.
Iowa City is a diverse and family-friendly community located in the heart of the Midwest. As the site of the University of Iowa, it combines access to many of the cultural amenities of a larger city with the ease of living in a smaller town.
Interested candidates are invited to search the Jobs@UIOWA site:
https://jobs.uiowa.edu/content/faculty/ and search for requisition # 71186
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. The University also affirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities and equal access to University facilities. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply for all employment vacancies.
More search results
CHAIR, DEPARTMENT OF BEHAVIORAL SCIENCES
Purdue University Northwest
Dean of the School of Liberal Arts
Director, Office for International Students and S…
Michigan State University
Director of Budget and Planning
Divisional Director of Communications
University of North Carolina at Charlotte