- Provost/Dean of the Faculty
- Lyon College
- Batesville, AR
Provost/Dean of the Faculty
Lyon College is launching a national search for its next provost and dean of the faculty. The provost is Lyon's chief academic officer and is administratively responsible for all academic and related programs. The provost will report to and partner with recently appointed Lyon President Joey King at an exciting time of refocused planning, refined assessment, and renewed institutional vitality. The opportunity for new academic leadership to have a significant impact on Lyon's educational culture is clear. Working collaboratively with faculty, engaging in strategic program development, and embracing change, the new provost will have the opportunity to make a measurable difference in the life of Lyon College. The provost will be invited to assume office and begin her/his work as soon after January 1, 2018 as possible.
Lyon College is a selective undergraduate liberal arts college located in the city of Batesville (pop. 10,000) and in the foothills of the scenic Ozark Mountains (90 minutes northeast of Little Rock and just over two hours west of Memphis). Undergraduates pursue 15 majors as well as several pre-professional programs. Ninety-nine percent of Lyon's students receive financial aid and the College offers extensive merit scholarships, need-based aid, and athletic grants (NAIA). With a student-faculty ratio of 14:1, 95 percent of the faculty hold terminal degrees and teach almost all classes. Fourteen Lyon professors have earned CASE/Carnegie Foundation Arkansas Professor of the year awards, a record unmatched by any other institution in the nation.
The provost will join creative administrative leadership at a defining moment of change for this small vibrant college, while extending a culture of academic strength in the liberal arts, a practice of transformative student-centered education, and the exploration of the needs of the 21st Century learner. Among several agenda items, the new provost will be asked to:
- Engage in comprehensive strategic planning and become a nimble contributor to the plan's articulation and implementation.
- Provide traditional leadership in championing the academic program, while also exploring the development of additional high impact learning experiences, focusing on student success and improved retention, and capitalizing on the effectiveness of shared governance in a healthy collaborative environment.
- Prioritize diversity and inclusiveness as essential ingredients in a fulfilling and meaningful institutional climate at Lyon.
- Combine a creative outlook for considering change at Lyon with an ability to lead by ideas and advance a vision for the College's future.
The Provost Search Profile contains more information on the nature of this opportunity and important details for submitting an application, and can be found at:
Inquiries should be directed to: Thomas B. Courtice, Ph.D., Search Consultant, email@example.com, and will be held in strict confidentiality.
Lyon College is an Equal Opportunity Employer