- Research Associate
- Miami University
- Oxford, Ohio
Job Description Summary:
Job ID: 4149 - Unclassified - (Salaried)
The Research Associate is a member of the Prospect Research department within the Office of Development. The Research Associate reports directly to the Director of Prospect Research. The research unit assists with the division’s fundraising efforts and alumni outreach by identifying and researching prospective donor and volunteers from Miami’s constituency base. The scope of research tasks and duties is determined by the division vice president and senior associate vice president of Development.
- Research donors and prospective donors to determine gift potential and volunteer interests.
- Collaborate regularly with various Development staff members to provide timely and appropriate support for their managed prospect portfolios, including strategy, management and follow-up.
- Assist in maintaining the integrity of the data within Banner, the institution’s database, by updating records with the appropriate information provided in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Keep abreast of research methods and resources by attending training sessions and networking with other research professionals via organizational memberships, conferences, and electronic mailing lists focusing on prospect research and fundraising issues.
- Provide training on research-related issues to Development staff and others in University Advancement.
- Assist in departmental special projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree
- One to three years of relevant experience; an equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Computer literacy, especially in relation to Windows Operating Systems, database systems, MS Office office products (particularly MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Access)
- Lexis-Nexis and other internet search tools
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco free.
APPLY ONLINE: http://www.miamioh.edu/advancement/careers/
More search results
Copy of Bioengineering Broad Area Faculty Search
Stanford University Department of Bioengineering
Golden West College President
Golden West College
DEVELOPMENTAL BIOLOGIST, ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
The University of Tampa
JAPANESE LANGUAGE LECTURESHIP
New York University
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR OR PROFESSOR IN JAPAN STUDIES…
New York University