- Miami University
- Oxford, Ohio
Job Description Summary:
Job ID: 4259 - Unclassified - FT (Salaried)
The Project Manager is responsible for planning and managing projects as they move between the Advancement creative department and both internal and external stakeholders. Provides strategic planning and coordination of print and digital content. Collaborates with designers, writers, editors and vendors in the production of publications and digital content. Manages project timelines and maintains deadlines to ensure timely and accurate completion of projects. Provides excellent customer service.
- Collaborates and consults with project requestors and all involved team members (internal and external) to attain information required for completion of projects including: develop and manage project timelines, maintain a project calendar and delegates tasks within a project management system to ensure cohesive, overall department workflow; determine project scope, statements of work, expectations and budgets based on client and team input; and identify resources needed and needs outside of client scope to ensure project success.
- Collaborates with editors, designers, vendors and other staff to produce print publications and digital media for division of university advancement.
- Manages multiple cross-functional, cross-departmental and concurrent projects using project management tools and software to successfully monitor progress of active projects and maintain accurate project records.
- Communicates and provides timely project status reports and quality reviews to ensure that strategic objectives are being met to the creative team, stakeholders and senior director.
- Oversees quality assurance of final project deliverables, providing support as needed to ensure timely and accurate completion.
- Coordinates informational meetings, approvals and follow-up.
- Manages vendor and contractor relationships including preparing bid requests, reviewing contracts and managing budgets according to procedures established by the Office of Purchasing.
Bachelor's degree; three to five years of relevant experience such as project management, creative agency, printing environment or print coordination, customer service or consultation. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
Additional required knowledge, skills, and abilities include:
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task to manage simultaneous projects in cross-functional, high pressure environment;
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills;
- Superior organization and project management skills;
- Customer service skills, including the ability to negotiate to reach solutions, patiently and successfully handle complaints, problems, questions, conflict and suggestions;
- Ability to analyze problems and generate solutions;
- Ability to work independently in a team environment;
- Familiarity with graphic arts and software, printing processes, content creation and/or copy editing.
Preferred Qualifications: PMP Certification
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco free.
Apply online: http://www.miamioh.edu/advancement/careers/
More search results
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
Portland State University
Washington University in St. Louis
Term Assistant Professor of Management
George Mason University
Dean of the School of Arts and Letters
College of St. Scholastica
Director of Institutional Compliance
University of North Texas