- Chief Nursing Executive
- University of Iowa Health Care
- Iowa City, Iowa
Chief Nursing Executive
The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics is hiring a Chief Nursing Executive. The position will report to Kenneth P. Kates, MBA, Chief Executive Officer of the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics and Associate Vice President of UI Health Care. The Chief Nursing Executive (CNE) will have the opportunity to serve as a key member of an outstanding leadership team at one of the most comprehensive and advanced academic healthcare systems in the country.
Responsibilities will include oversight for the delivery and management of professional nursing practice, education, professional development, research, administration and clinical services across the enterprise. This individual will have staff accountability for enhancing a clinical practice environment that is patient centered, with unsurpassed clinical quality and patient safety while also providing significant contributions to education and research. In partnership with the faculty of the University of Iowa College of Nursing this individual will help to develop, identify, and support programs of mutual interest.
The CNE will bring the vision for nursing practice at UI Hospitals and Clinics and guide the execution of the strategic plan to achieve both the departmental and organizational mission. The CNE’s vision will support the existing high standards and goals for nursing practice and motivate nursing to achieve even higher levels of performance.
· A Master’s Degree in Nursing, as well as Doctoral preparation, is required;
· Ten years progressive leadership experience within a complex hospital environment;
· Eligible to obtain a license to practice Nursing in the State of Iowa;
· Expertise in operations, strong financial acumen and a track record in quality and safety improvement; and
· Nationally active within the profession of nursing and other health related organizations.
Please direct all nominations, resumes, and letters of interest to the individuals supporting this search to:
Korn Ferry International
Heather Kopecky, RN, PhD, MBA
Chad Kelley, MBA