Director, Diversity & Inclusion Programs
- Yale School of Medicine
- New Haven, CT
At the core of the Yale School of Medicine are more than 11,000 faculty and staff members dedicated to the highest quality education, research, and patient care creating our reputation as a preeminent, world-renowned, academic medical center.
To help insure the needs of all employees are met we have an immediate opening for Director, Diversity & Inclusion Programs. The candidate selected for this inaugural position will report to the Chief Diversity Officer with responsibility for managing resources and coordinating activities of the Chief Diversity Officer’s office by building the strategies around diversity, equity, and inclusion for the Yale School of Medicine. The Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is currently growing and this Director will initially manage a staff of four with anticipation of growth.
- Work proactively, strategically and collaboratively with key stakeholders.
- Engage in promotional activities for the medical school and BBS graduate programs, such as attending national recruiting conferences.
- Assist in communicating to the BBS Executive Committee on the status of programs.
- Proactively engage with students and faculty to evaluate trends and identify areas for improvement and design evaluation tools of all programs and initiatives including metrics for all programs.
- Collect and analyze data on the effectiveness of recruitment, retention and support programs and make adjustments or recommend changes as appropriate.
- Identify funding opportunities; apply for grant support or other funding as appropriate to develop and support programs and services to enhance diversity and inclusion.
- Assist faculty in grant preparation by providing data and information about diversity and inclusion.
- Supervise the staff and manage the resources and activities of the Chief Diversity Office.
- Work with Chief Diversity Officer to develop and maintain an advisory committee on diversity and inclusion.
- Provide back up support for Chief Diversity Officer and attend meetings where necessary.
- Arrange external speakers and related activities for workshops.
- Master’s Degree in Business or Science and six years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience building and advancing institutional diversity and inclusion initiatives for students and/or faculty.
- Experience working with diverse communities and/or pipeline programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to work collaboratively with various constituencies in a university setting.
- Strong organizational skills, flexible work style and the ability to manage multiple challenging projects simultaneously in a fast-paced work environment.
- Effective internal and external networking skills with the ability to build and sustain key relationships. Demonstrated analytical and research skills, in addition to project management experience.
- Experience evaluating programs; must be able to travel to National recruitment events and conferences and must be able to flex time and intermittently work nights and weekends
Preferred: PhD along with experience managing staff
For the complete job description, more information and immediate consideration, apply online at:
Along with resume, please include a cover letter in your application.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.
More search results
Business Systems Project Manager
University of California, Santa Barbara
DIRECTOR - RESIDENTIAL AND HOSPITALITY SERVICES
Lecturer in Physics/Astronomy at Texas Christian …
Texas Christian University
DEAN, VIRGINIA TECH CARILION SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
Associate Vice President and Chief Information Of…
Florida State University