Announcement is hereby made for two 10-month, full-time, tenure track appointments beginning the fall 2017 semester on the Ammerman Campus in Selden. Suffolk County Community College is an open admissions institution committed to serving a diverse student population in a variety of degree and career programs.
This is a Unit III position covered under the Faculty Association of Suffolk County Community College collective bargaining agreement with the College.
The College is seeking two dynamic, creative and collaborative faculty members to teach in the newly-created Cybersecurity program. The successful candidates will teach in the areas of Network Design/implementation, Systems Security, Network Security, Security Strategy/Analysis and Cyber Threat Intelligence. Instructors are responsible for preparation, instruction and engagement of students in the Cybersecurity curriculum.
We are seeking experienced professionals who are team players, love working in a collaborative environment, are passionate about the future of cybersecurity, and driven to grow a premier education experience at our Ammerman Campus in Selden. Selected candidates will create, fine-tune and execute Cybersecurity curriculum to build the next generation of entry level cybersecurity professionals.
The College seeks faculty who value the opportunity to form mentoring relationships with our students. The successful candidate will demonstrate an ongoing commitment to excellence in teaching and to professional development. The successful candidates will also demonstrate an openness to pedagogical innovation, including, but not limited to, the integration of technology and distance education into the curriculum. Duties will include:
Network Security Required Skills
- Extensive experience with TCP/IP networking and networking protocols such as DHCP, IP, IP6, EIGRP, NAT, ACL, VPN, IPSec, VoIP, OSPF, BGP, STP, VTP, IPS, and DNS.
- Extensive experience with networking technologies including Cisco router/switch configuration and administration, Ethernet wired- and wireless networking and related protocols, VPN endpoint remote access and configuration, firewall and intrusion protection system administration.
- Subject matter expertise in both physical and virtual networking.
- Subject matter expertise with common operating systems, network packet capture tools such as Wireshark, familiarity with penetration techniques and network discovery tools.
Systems Security Required Skills
- Extensive experience implementing /securing Linux, Windows, Cisco iOS and virtual machines hyper conversions.
- Subject matter expertise with Microsoft Windows operating systems including console/terminal usage and Active Directory.
- Advanced knowledge of operating system performance monitoring tools.
- Advanced knowledge of TTPs to avoid Cross-Site Scripting (XSS), Cross-Site Request Forgery, SQL injection, MITM and other current attack methodologies.
- Advanced knowledge of assessing system security requirements based on risks to confidentiality, integrity, and availability (CIA Triad) by selecting an appropriate security control baseline, applying and validating security control implementation, performing security assessments, and maintaining security posture by prioritizing vulnerabilities for remediation.
- Advanced knowledge of Defense-in-depth methodologies.
- Teaches assigned courses in accordance with description published in the College catalog and the approved course outline.
- Engages in assessment of college-wide learning outcomes and demonstrates the use of the results of these assessments in courses.
- Active participation in departmental, campus and College committees/meetings.
- Academic advisement and curriculum development.
- Demonstrated scholarly work in the discipline.
- Master’s degree in Cybersecurity, or System Administration, Network Administration and/or IT Administration.
- Experience in instruction of cybersecurity specialties listed above.
- Current Cisco CCNA certification required (CCNA Security and higher desirable). Additional industry certifications from Cisco, Microsoft, CompTIA, EC-Council, SANS etc. are preferred.
- Proficiency in Applied Cybersecurity.
- Passionate and demonstrated success in development of students at the post-secondary education level.
- Applied experience and personal interest in developing pedagogical methods in cybersecurity.
Click on the following link:
Select position #17-64 and read the description.
Click Apply Online to submit resume and cover letter.
The New York State Retirement and Social Security Law requires retirees of a public pension plan within the State or City of New York to disclose prior public employment and pension plan history for the purpose of establishing a retiree’s eligibility for employment.
More search results
Business Systems Project Manager
University of California, Santa Barbara
DIRECTOR - RESIDENTIAL AND HOSPITALITY SERVICES
Lecturer in Physics/Astronomy at Texas Christian …
Texas Christian University
DEAN, VIRGINIA TECH CARILION SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
Associate Vice President and Chief Information Of…
Florida State University