- Business Development and Implementation Manager
- George Mason University
Business Development and Implementation Manager
George Mason University
Business Development and Implementation Manager
The George Mason University Office of the Provost invites applications for a Business Development and Implementation Manager vacancy. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
George Mason University is on the move to be a leading higher education innovator in 21st century education. This includes the development of online programming and the delivery of personalized, customized education and student services to students who wish to attend Mason at our three campuses in Northern Virginia, our campus in South Korea, and/or online. As the largest public institution of higher education in Virginia, we are envisioning new ways of providing students with access to a George Mason education.
We are building a team of individuals that can help us launch and manage new initiatives that will take the university into the future. This position will focus on strategy, budget conception and operationalization of new initiatives. This position will lead the business analysis, development, modeling and planning initiatives within the new initiatives program management team that will help us achieve our university vision of innovation, growth and access.
The Business Development and Implementation Manager position reports to the Associate Provost for Academic Administration and works closely with the Executive Director for Academic Innovation and New Ventures and the Vice President for Academic Innovation and New Ventures. This position is responsible for providing high-level planning, the development of financial models, business advice, and project implementation support to ensure the unit meets all university planning requirements and policy obligations as it develops strategies to support a sustainable future for the new initiatives.
This position is responsible for supporting initiatives that inform the strategic direction of the Innovation and Academic Ventures unit and the Office of the Provost, including business planning and feasibility studies, new business opportunity evaluation, strategic planning, and other projects. The Manager will be expected to develop various market and financial analyses, including due diligence, return on investment calculations, lead efforts to analyze data to focus new initiative efforts, and work with leadership to develop strategies for new academic and educational initiatives.
The incumbent’s primary objective is helping the Academic Innovation and New Ventures unit and the Office of the Provost to implement business solutions in a cost-effective way by determining the requirements of a project or program, and communicating them clearly to stakeholders, facilitators and university partners.
This position is responsible for preparing, monitoring and managing pro formas and operating budgets for all new academic initiatives. The position will work in coordination with other team members and administrative offices to develop proposals and budgetary processes for the allocation of resources to meet new initiative goals.
Other Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Develop strategic and financial analyses to inform and support the strategic and business planning efforts;
- Provide guidance to campus constituents and administrators on the strategic deployment of institutional resources;
- Facilitate the tuition setting process and revenue forecasting for new programs and initiatives;
- Prepare and submit state budget request and the resource allocation management plan;
- Work closely with the Vice President to monitor the financial performance of the budget during the fiscal year;
- Provide timely analyses to support institutional decision-making;
- Collaborate with stakeholder departments and Institutional Research on key statistical analyses including student enrollment, student credit hours, academic program modeling, and periodic benchmarking analysis; and
- Responsible for ensuring implementation of the new budgets during budget development process annually and working with units on transiting financial plans.
- Excellent analytical and business skills with specialized knowledge of higher education environments that will advance the university’s objectives, and contribute to its continued competitiveness.
- Strategic business process modeling, monitoring, performance and quality management techniques;
- Prior experience in financial planning, analysis and reporting;
- Proven success in implementing advanced strategies for gathering, reviewing and analyzing business needs and data requirements;
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Proven ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis;
- Successful business case development;
- Proven leadership success in new business development;
- Planning and monitoring in operationalizing budgets and financial plans;
- Relevant management experience within the education sector (five or more years of experience is preferred); and
- Master’s degree.
- Adaptability, agility, and ability to manage constant change through innovation;
- Apply best practices for effective communication and problem-solving;
- Development of metric/dashboard design and implementation;
- Executive presence with ability to develop effective working relationships and influence people across functions and all levels of the organization;
- Demonstrated track record of attention to detail and accuracy in a fast-paced work environment;
- Significant experience in leading and managing change through strong strategic and operational planning skills;
- Ability to think strategically and to act tactically based on organizational priorities and objectives; and
- Proven technical writing skills.
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number FA45Ez at http://jobs.gmu.edu/;
complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.