Vice Dean Education
- Texas A&M University Health Science Center
- Bryan, TX
Vice Dean Education
Texas A&M College of Medicine
Texas A&M University Health Science Center announces a national search for the Vice Dean of Education for the Texas A&M College of Medicine. ( www.medicine.tamhsc.edu )
The Vice Dean, Education reports directly to the Senior Vice President, Health Science Center & Dean, College of Medicine. This position of Vice Dean, Education represents a unique opportunity for a visionary leader to create an educational training environment built on inter-professional innovation and Aggie Core Values, enabled by the rich academic environment in Bryan/College Station.
The Vice Dean, Education is responsible for all matters relating to the administration/educational components of the College of Medicine including admissions, student affairs, curriculum (evaluation, development, restructuring), education faculty and staff, facilities, resources, budget, alumni, fundraising, and relationships with the University and communities outside of the University. The successful candidate will understand a complex, highly diverse, mission-oriented academic enterprise. The Vice Dean, Education will have a deep understanding of medicine, who demonstrates creative strategic thinking about the role of a public medical school in the rapidly evolving healthcare environment.
- The Vice Dean, Education will have the opportunity to develop and support innovative new programs focusing on areas where the COM can lead nationally including Engineering Medicine (EnMed), population health management for rural areas, and military health.
- Outstanding opportunities to build upon the recent academic merger with Texas A&M University to promote collaboration and the development of multi-disciplinary research and educational centers and institutes with the opportunity for collaboration with engineering, agriculture, veterinary medicine, and public health policy.
- Opportunity to recruit new faculty, clinician-scientists and develop evidence-based inter-professional programs.
Texas A&M College of Medicine
The College of Medicine currently enrolls more than 800 medical students and the College accepts an average of 15 graduate students per academic year. The 2012 LCME site visit conferred an eight-year accreditation. Current faculty includes 185 employed faculty on tenured or non-tenured tracks, plus more than 1,000 affiliated faculty across all 5 campuses.
In 2019, the College of Medicine will begin accepting students into the innovative Engineering Medicine (EnMed) program. These students will all have completed an undergraduate degree in engineering or computer science. During the 4-year EnMed program they will earn their MD and a MS in Engineering.
Texas A&M Health Science Center (TAMHSC) is “Transforming Health” through innovative research and education in dentistry, medicine, nursing, pharmacy, public health and medical sciences. In 2014 Dell and Texas A&M Health Science Center announced the creation of a health technology academy to provide information technology education tailored to meet the needs of the rapidly evolving health professions workforce. By combining the strengths of both organizations, this collaboration serves to ensure that the 21st Century health care workforce will be equipped to understand the value of health information technology and the role it plays in improving patient outcomes and lowering healthcare costs.
The Colleges of the Health Science Center include:
- College of Medicine – Established in 1977
- College of Nursing - Established in 2008
- Rangel College of Pharmacy - Established in 2006
- School of Public Health – Established in 1996
- Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry - Established in 1905
The Vice Dean of Education’s position requires a dynamic and visionary individual with demonstrated experience in medical education, educational strategy and creative leadership; including ten years of increasingly responsible educational/leadership positions in a medical school with a strong record of success.
- M.D., M.D./Ph.D., or equivalent with a sustained record of scholarly activity.
- Credentials to support the rank of Professor in an appropriate academic unit.
- National recognition as evidenced by involvement in academic and educational societies at national level.
- He/she will be an outstanding scholar possessing intellectual breadth, who is able to articulate a vision for the College of Medicine; assert strong leadership to guide the College toward their future goals and objectives.
- He/she must have a history of successful educational leadership experience, preferably as an Associate Dean or equivalent, in academic settings as well as the political acumen to navigate a complex academic structure.
- An individual with an understanding and record of educational scholarship including evaluation of educational innovations.
- He/she will have the ability and experience in developing a College of Medicine level strategic plan, developing a related budget, and achieving results against plan objectives and budget requirements.
- He/she will have exceptional management skills with a proven ability to motivate, work well with others, and develop a team-focused department coupled with the ability to build strong, productive relationships at all levels of an organization and with outside organizations to achieve defined goals.
Korn Ferry is assisting Texas A&M University with this important search. The search process is currently underway and will continue until the position is filled.
Please direct all nominations and applications via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Korn Ferry International
Texas A&M University is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA employer.
More search results
Queens University of Charlotte
Associate Director, Corporate and Foundation Rela…
University of California, Los Angeles
Cyber Information Assurance Analyst
Pennsylvania State University
Associate Vice President for Finance
Austin Peay State University
Business Systems Project Manager
University of California, Santa Barbara