- Associate Dean for Student Success
- University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Lowell, MA
- Jun 12, 2017
Associate Dean for Student Success
Kennedy College of Sciences
University of Massachusetts Lowell
Reporting to the Dean of the Kennedy College of Sciences, the Associate Dean for Student Success will develop and implement a strategic plan for student success. As a member of the College's senior leadership team, the Associate Dean provides input, innovative ideas and support to the Dean in areas of student success.
- Serving as the primary liaison with the Office of the Vice Provost for Student Success on matters related to undergraduate education;
- Working with the relevant offices on campus, and in particular, the Office of the Vice Provost for Student Success, provide leadership and management of high impact educational initiatives in all areas that impact student success;
- Working with department chairs, and the relevant faculty committees, to manage the portfolio of existing undergraduate programs, and provide recommendations to the Dean regarding accreditation, as well as the closure of programs as necessary;
- Working with departments and interdisciplinary groups of faculty, lead the design, management, development, approval, and deployment of new undergraduate majors, minors and certificate programs within the College;
- Working with the faculty to ensure the continuous improvement of teaching pedagogy used by instructors in the college;
- Working with the office of advising in designing and implementing programs to ensure a safe and welcoming environment for a diversified student body.
- Developing and managing educational initiatives coordinated through the College (i.e., freshman year programs, interdisciplinary programs, service-learning, etc.);
- Working with the KCS Office of Data Analytics to determine barriers to student success, provide potential solutions to overcoming these barriers;
- Working with the KCS Office of Data Analytics to design, manage, and implement initiatives to enhance undergraduate student enrollment, retention and graduation rates;
- Making recommendations to the Dean regarding resource allocation towards student success.
- Providing leadership and oversight related to initiatives related to outreach to K-12, community schools, etc;
- Working with departments and other groups to develop, deploy and manage endeavors such as internship, co-op, study-abroad, and other external experiential programs (Honors program, DifferenceMaker, etc.);
- Working with the Associate Dean for Research, Innovation and Partnerships, providing input to the Dean on hiring and P&T matters;
- Supervising and evaluating administrative and support staff within the student success division;
- Overseeing the management of student clubs and organizations, competitions, and honor societies;
- Serving as College's liaison with the Dean of Students on matters related to undergraduate students in the College;
- Representing the Dean at various University-level executive meetings whenever appropriate;
- Representing the KCS at events with students, parents, and community;
- Maintaining a research program and scholarly activities;
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations, as well as curriculum and support programs, while promoting an inclusive environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to that goal and encourage you to apply and to identify your strengths in this area.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Tenured professor at rank of Associate Professor or Professor
- Strong communication skills, ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality, problem solving skills, ability to work with diverse groups
- Management and administrative experience preferred
- Professional experience with project management, strategic planning, program development, and budget development and administration
- Experience in securing external funding is preferred
Required Application Documents:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Names and contact information of three references
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
Salary commensurate with experience.
To learn more and apply, please visit: jobs.uml.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=55473
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.
More search results
Executive Director of the Center for Social Conce…
Johns Hopkins University
Assistant Director of Development & Alumni Engage…
Colorado State University - College of Business
ice Chancellor for Agriculture and Life Sciences …
Texas A&M University
Assistant Vice President (AVP) for Capital Assets…
Virginia Commonwealth University
President and Vice-Chancellor
Knightsbridge Robertson Surrette