Vice President of Academic Affairs
- Barstow Community College District
- Barstow, CA 92311
Barstow Community College
Invites applications for the position of:
Vice President of Academic Affairs
Open Until Filled First paper screening will occur: June 14, 2017
Under the administrative direction of the college President, responsible for the leadership, direction, supervision and evaluation of all academic, career-technical, developmental, and continuing educational programs and services. Responsibilities encompass all college sites, including the on-line education program.
• Assist the president as the principal resource for instructional innovation by providing leadership for institutional and district changes in academic programs.
• Responsible for the supervision of the all academic administrative personnel and staff.
• Lead and monitor the District's curriculum planning and development.
• Maintain a high profile with District communities, public and private schools, and area colleges and universities for purposes of enhancing enrollment growth and the articulation of programs and services.
• Conduct program reviews to determine the need for new credit and non-credit programs, classes and services. Review existing offerings to ensure relevance and currency.
See job description for a complete listing of duties and responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Possession of a Master's Degree or equivalent from an accredited institution in an area appropriate to the responsibilities of the position. An earned Doctorate Degree preferred.
• Minimum of three (3) years of successful management experience in academic affairs, preferably in the California Community College environment.
• Formal education and/or training, in academic or organizational leadership.
• Three years of post-secondary classroom teaching experience.
QUALIFICATIONS: Strong management skills, including a strong financial background, the ability to manage or adapt to change, make difficult decisions, encourage conflict resolution, and assure employee and department accountability. Demonstrated ability to listen and value employee/ student/community contributions to College operations. Successful experience as a mentor and team developer. Successful experience building collaborative partnerships with various constituencies. Demonstrated sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and personnel, including those with physical or learning disabilities.
Environment: Office environment, subject to interruptions; travel to off-campus locations.
Physical Abilities: Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer terminal; hearing and speaking to exchange information and make presentations; sitting for extended periods of time.
ABILITY TO: Provide accountable leadership resulting in productive, efficient working relationships. Provide administrative direction and supervision to academic administrative personnel and staff. Plan, develop, and administer academic programs, policies and procedures, and operational activities. Select, train, supervise, motivate, and academic administrative personnel and staff. Make effective decisions and take independent action. Research and analyze statistical data. Make appropriate recommendations. Identify trends, foresee problems, and resolve conflicts. Prepare and present written and/or oral reports. Be visible and positively and effectively represent the College to the public. Work cooperatively with others. Acknowledge and encourage staff excellence and professional development related to District goals. Practice an open communications style which involves people at all levels in the decision-making process. Work effectively in a demanding environment. Effectively use desktop computer technology including word processing, spreadsheets and databases. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Work as a team player on the management team.
KNOWLEDGE OF: Organizational leadership, team building, management, staff development and communication techniques. Non-credit and continuing education programs. Enrollment management. Academic management. Career-Technical programs. Alternate instructional delivery such as on-line, hybrid, video teleconferencing, and other alternate instructional methods. Service learning program development and implementation. Budget development and implementation. Matriculation, articulation, transfer, career and workforce and economic development issues. Employment and facility contract implementation and management. Federal and state codes, laws and regulations relating to the functions of this position. Collective bargaining practices, issues and labor contract implementation. Articulation processes. Requirements for students with special needs. Military educational needs. Curriculum development at the course and program level.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
A full-time, 12-month, administrative position which reports to the District President. Indexed to placement on the Administrative and Management Salary Schedule at the Vice President level range 20. This position is subject to evening hours and weekends.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
$102,418 — $137,253 Initial placement on the Administrative Salary Schedule will be commensurate with education and experience. The District provides an excellent health and welfare package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance and income protection. Current employer contribution not to exceed $16,400 per year. Enrollment in the California State Teacher's Retirement System (CalSTRS).
Interested applicants must submit:
• Letter of Application to include, but not limited to, information on related knowledge and experience specified in the job description.
• Completed District Application for Academic or Administrative Positions
• Unofficial copy of transcripts from a regionally accredited institution of Higher Education verifying educational degrees (official transcripts required upon offer of employment).
• A list of at least 5 references with contact information, to include at least 1 supervisor.
Above materials are to be submitted to the:
Human Resources Office, Barstow College, 2700 Barstow Road, Barstow, CA 92311
Or Emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit www.barstow.edu for an application and full job description. You may also apply online at www.edjoin.org or www.cccregistry.org
You may contact Human Resources if you have any questions at (760) 252-2411 Ext. 7232 or Email email@example.com.
All applications will be reviewed by a qualified screening committee. Applications will be evaluated, taking into account the breadth and depth of relevant education, experience, skills, knowledge and abilities. A select group of candidates will be invited for an oral interview. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not assure the candidate an interview. Final interviews will be conducted by the District President. Start date is July 2017 or as close to that as mutually agreed.
PLEASE NOTE: Incomplete applications will not be considered. Faxes will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a District application. Any application, resume or other materials submitted for employment at Barstow Community College will become the property of the District, and will not be returned to the applicant. The Barstow Community College District reserves the right to reopen, re-advertise or to delay the filling of any position.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency