- ASSOCIATE DEAN - MPPIII
- San Francisco State University
- San Francisco, California
ASSOCIATE DEAN - MPPIII
ASSOCIATE DEAN - MPPIII
College of Extended Learning, San Francisco State University
The Associate Dean reports to the Dean and has responsibility for all aspects of the College of Extended Learning (CEL). The Associate Dean is authorized to take broad decisions and actions to carry out the mission of the College.
The Associate Dean will provide leadership for the development of special session academic credit and non-credit programs, customized training for the public and private sector, international language instruction and programs offered overseas. The Associate Dean will represent CEL internally at SF State, in the local community and internationally.
The Associate Dean and the Dean oversee the business functions of the College. The duties include developing and maintaining a robust portfolio of programs that meet the needs of the local community and the work force need of the State, ensuring the fiscal stability, overseeing the allocation of resources, and development of the long-range strategic plan.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in strategic planning, change management, and delivery of education/training programs or the corporate equivalent.
- Experience in creating and managing a multimillion dollar budget in a self-support financial environment.
- Progressively increasing responsibility in managing and leading teams.
- Expertise in providing accessible, quality education through innovative and entrepreneurial approaches.
- 8+ years of experience in program development and/or program management.
- Experience in the successful integration, execution, and evaluation of marketing plans and initiatives.
- Ability to establish collaborative working relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Superior interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- EDUCATION: Masters from an accredited university.
- Successful leadership experience in a self-support academic setting
- Experience in continuing education or other self-support setting
- Understanding of current practices and trends in continuing higher education
- Experience developing and managing partnerships within and outside the university/institution of higher education
- EDUCATION: Doctorate from an accredited university
About SF State and CEL
Founded in 1899, San Francisco State University (SF State) is committed to preparing students for international positions in the global marketplace of commerce and ideas. Located in the world famous city of San Francisco, the university offers Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in more than 200 academic majors as well as Doctoral degrees in Education and Physical Therapy. The campus is located in a safe neighborhood with easy public transportation to all parts of the city and surrounding areas. The university, with an enrollment of over 30,000 students, has approximately 2,000 international students from over 90 countries. The on-campus intensive English language program, American Language Institute (ALI), one of the oldest and most respected language programs in the U.S., offers conditional eligibility (admission) to students.
The College of Extended Learning at San Francisco State University offers innovative, high quality professional development and academic credit programs that create learning opportunities beyond traditional structures. It extends the services of San Francisco State University to the communities it serves – SFSU students, community members and businesses and organizations throughout the Bay Area. CEL currently serves about 25,000 students each year and generates annual revenue of about $15 million, which puts SF State in the upper third among CSU campuses.
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Healthcare Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave as well as State Holidays and a dynamic Fee Waiver program, all geared towards the University’s commitment to attract, motivate and retain our employees.
How to Apply
The Associate Dean (Administrator III) position (Job ID #6229) posted on SF State Careers and CSU Careers on April 21, 2017. Please review the position available on SF State Careers at: http://hr.sfsu.edu/Employment_HRMS/employment/jobs.
Submit an online application and upload in one file attachment your resume, three references and cover letter, describing your specific qualifications for each position. The online recruitment system will allow one file attachment for each submission.
Candidates must include the following attachments with the application:
1. Cover Letter
3. Name, addresses and telephone numbers of at least three professional references who can address the candidates’ professional experience.
The Human Resources, Safety & Risk Management office is open Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and can be reached at (415) 338-1872.
SF State is Equal Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act employer and has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity.
SFSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITION (e.g., H1-B VISAS).
This position is posted as Open until filled. Priority review of applications will begin May 15, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled.
Please note that this position, position requirements, application deadline and/or any other component of this position is subject to cancellation at any time.
More search results
Assistant Professor, Teaching Stream Statistical …
University of Toronto
Student Support Services Program Specialist
Eastern Oregon University
Lecturer in Discipline or Senior Lecturer in Disc…
Columbia University School of Professional Studies
Vice Provost for Research and Creative Activity
Greenwood/Asher & Associates
Associate Provost for Student Success and Foundin…
West Chester University of Pennsylvania