- Vice President for Advancement
- Hamilton College
- Clinton, NY
- May 20, 2017
Vice President for Advancement
Hamilton College in Clinton, New York, seeks a creative and inspirational leader for the position of Vice President for Advancement (VPA). Reporting directly to President David Wippman, and working closely with the Board of Trustees and senior management team, the Vice President for Advancement will provide strategic oversight for our comprehensive, college-wide advancement programs that directly support the educational experience for our students. Working with a professional staff of approximately 45, the VPA is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to increase fundraising results and constituent engagement. Divisions managed by the VPA include: all aspects of development, communications, career services, stewardship, and alumni and parent relations.
The Vice President for Advancement will have the following experiences, capabilities, and attributes:
- A proven record of visionary leadership with a minimum of 10 years in Advancement or equivalent required;
- Significant experience in the oversight of successful Advancement in higher education;
- Ability to be an effective communicator and to successfully articulate information about the College in both written and oral communications;
- Proven experience as a skilled leader and manager, with demonstrated capacity to assess and develop the talents and expertise of staff; recruit and retain highly qualified professionals; and build a positive, service-oriented organizational culture with teams committed to collaboration and high-quality results;
- Ability to prioritize projects, make decisions and move work forward effectively in areas of highest need using organizational leverage;
- Capacity to work collaboratively with senior staff colleagues and multiple constituencies in an intimate and committed community, forming relationships of trust and confidence;
- Adept at problem solving and creating solutions;
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion; and
- Bachelor's degree is required.
Applicants should submit a resume and letter discussing their interest in the position as well as their accomplishments in relationship to the listed responsibilities and qualifications. Background checks will be performed on all final candidates. Applications and nominations should be sent to:
Andy Evans, Partner and Mo Lashendock, Vice President
Neumann Executive Search Partners
Hamilton College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer and encourages diversity in all areas of the campus community.