Assistant Coordinator of Housing
The University of Southern Maine is seeking applicants for the full-time, live-on position of Assistant Coordinator of Housing on the Gorham campus.
The Assistant Coordinator of Housing is responsible for shaping the residential student experience through oversight of the residential curriculum and assisting with the housing assignment processes. The Assistant Coordinator manages the residential curriculum/Learning Initiatives, learning communities and lifestyle floors available to residential students. Using student development theory as their lens, the Assistant Coordinator will shape the learning communities and thematic communities by coordinating with program advisors, recruiting for and promoting the residential communities, and housing assignment processes. The Assistant Coordinator will also supervise a graduate resident director and assist with administrative housing assignment processes. This position is live-on and has on-call responsibilities.
The University of Southern Maine (USM) is Maine’s Metropolitan University, dedicated to providing students with a high-quality, accessible, affordable education. USM’s strategic focus is in alignment with the Coalition of Urban and Metropolitan Universities and we are seeking to become a Carnegie Engaged University by the year 2020. USM offers Baccalaureate, Master's, and Doctoral programs, providing students with rich learning and community engagement opportunities in the arts, humanities, politics, health sciences, business, mass communications, science, engineering, and technology. Further information on USM can be found at www.usm.maine.edu.
USM’s three environmentally friendly campuses are unique, yet all share the extensive resources of the university — and all are energized through strong community partnerships. Offering easy access to Boston, plus the ocean, mountains and forests of coastal, inland and northern Maine, USM is at the heart of Maine's most exciting metropolitan region:
- Our Portland campus is located in "one of America’s most livable cities," according to Forbes magazine, which also ranks Portland among the top 10 for job prospects. A creative and diverse community on Maine’s scenic coast, Portland is nationally known as a culinary hot spot!
- USM’s beautiful residential Gorham campus supports and celebrates excellence in academics, athletics, music and the arts and is home to ten Living Learning Communities and six Residential Communities.
- Our Lewiston campus is home to USM’s innovative and richly diverse Lewiston-Auburn College. This Central Maine campus integrates classroom, community and workplace, and provides a small college experience with the resources of a large university.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years experience in a university or college residential living environment.
- Master’s Degree in Student Development or related field, and experience in college student leadership, living learning community development, group facilitation skills, supervision and strong computer skills.
Anticipated salary – mid to high 30’s (plus room and board)
Apply online at: https://usm.hiretouch.com/view-all-jobs. You will create an applicant profile and complete an application. You will need to upload a cover letter, resume/curriculum vitae and a list of the names and contact information for three references. You will also need to complete the affirmative action survey, the self-identification of disability form, and the self-identification of veteran status form.
Review of applications will begin May 7, 2017. Materials received on or after that date will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Appropriate background screening will be conducted for the successful candidate.
USM is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
More search results
Business Systems Project Manager
University of California, Santa Barbara
DIRECTOR - RESIDENTIAL AND HOSPITALITY SERVICES
Lecturer in Physics/Astronomy at Texas Christian …
Texas Christian University
DEAN, VIRGINIA TECH CARILION SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
Associate Vice President and Chief Information Of…
Florida State University