- Assistant Director for Parent and Family Philanthropy
- Miami University
- Oxford, OH
- Apr 21, 2017
Assistant Director for Parent and Family Philanthropy
Job Description Summary:
Job ID: 3981 - Unclassified - FT (Salaried)
Reporting to the Director of Development for Central Programs, the Assistant Director for Parent and Family Philanthropy will advance the mission of Miami University by planning, organizing, and implementing strategies to increase the level of personal involvement and financial commitment of current and past parents, alumni and friends. Particular emphasis will be given to securing major gift support to benefit programs for student scholarships and central programs, such as the Miami Family Fund.
- Serve as the departmental liaison for current and past parents at Miami University in addressing their philanthropic and engagement objectives.
- Effect cultivation, solicitation and stewardship calls to current and past parents independently and occasionally with other staff, faculty, administrators and alumni volunteers. Encourage and coordinate involvement of parents through personal visits, campus visits and events.
- Prepare and present departmental and divisional proposals to current and past parents with the input and assistance of faculty, staff, administrators and deans. Proposals may involve tax planning, gifts of real estate, personal property, securities, and gifts in wills, trusts, annuities and insurance.
- Develop and implement service, cultivation, and solicitation strategies for assigned prospects with the support of Advancement Services and Office of Development staff and faculty and administrators.
- Perform other duties related to the mission of the Office of Development under guidance of the Director of Development for Central Programs, Senior Director of Development for Central Programs and the Senior Associate Vice President for University Advancement.
- Provide guidance of annual stewardship programs including but not limited to a Family Fellows program.
Bachelor degree required; one to three years of relevant experience such as fund raising or sales; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered; outstanding oral and written communication skills; excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; and willingness to travel extensively both on a regional and national level; (Internships, volunteer work, and other experience gained during the completion of degree programs may be counted towards these requirements).
Experience with working with parent/family donors; fundraising experience in an education setting; event management experience.
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco free.