Assistant Director for Operations
The University of Southern Maine seeks an individual to join its Facilities Management Department as Assistant Director of Operations (ADO). This is an opportunity to make a significant contribution in a new position, in a forward looking department recently restructured to provide quality customer service in a challenging physical plant environment.
The Assistant Director for Operations will be responsible for the supervision of daily operational services provided by the building trades on both the Gorham and Portland campuses. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining the building, mechanical and life safety systems in a safe and efficient mode of operation.
The Assistant Director is responsible for coordinating appropriate subcontracted maintenance activities and contacting professionals in related fields, to provide required services. The ADO serves as the department liaison with local code officials and assists in the development and monitoring of budget, plans and policies.
The University of Southern Maine provides a highly competitive benefits package that includes: Paid Time Off (Holidays, Vacation, & Sick), Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Tuition Waiver Program for Employee & Dependents, a 403(b) Retirement Plan, and more.
The University of Southern Maine (USM) is Maine’s Metropolitan University, dedicated to providing students with a high-quality, accessible, affordable education. USM’s strategic focus is in alignment with the Coalition of Urban and Metropolitan Universities and we are seeking to become a Carnegie Engaged University by the year 2020. USM offers Baccalaureate, Master's, and Doctoral programs, providing students with rich learning and community engagement opportunities in the arts, humanities, politics, health sciences, business, mass communications, science, engineering, and technology. Further information on USM can be found at www.usm.maine.edu.
USM’s three environmentally friendly campuses are unique, yet all share the extensive resources of the university — and all are energized through strong community partnerships. Offering easy access to Boston, plus the ocean, mountains and forests of coastal, inland and northern Maine, USM is at the heart of Maine's most exciting metropolitan region:
- Our Portland campus is located in "one of America’s most livable cities," according to Forbes magazine, which also ranks Portland among the top 10 for job prospects. A creative and diverse community on Maine’s scenic coast, Portland is nationally known as a culinary hot spot!
- USM’s beautiful residential Gorham campus supports and celebrates excellence in academics, athletics, music and the arts and is home to ten Living Learning Communities and six Residential Communities.
- Our Lewiston campus is home to USM’s innovative and richly diverse Lewiston-Auburn College. This Central Maine campus integrates classroom, community and workplace, and provides a small college experience with the resources of a large university.
- Bachelors Degree in a related field or an equivalent level of experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively more responsible experience in the field of plant operations and maintenance.
- Valid drivers license.
- Computer literate, including.
- Ability to reach, kneel, stand, walk up and down stairs, climb ladders to heights of 20 feet.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and planning skills.
- Experience in higher education environment.
- Experience with development and implementation of preventative maintenance programs.
- Experience with an IWMS system.
- General knowledge of all areas of building maintenance and operating systems such as elevators, fire alarms, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, district heating systems, etc.
Anticipated salary range – mid to upper 50’s (upper range reserved for applicants who exceed minimum qualifications)
Apply online at: https://usm.hiretouch.com/view-all-jobs. You will create an applicant profile and complete an application. You will need to upload a cover letter, resume/curriculum vitae and a list of the names and contact information for three references. You will also need to complete the affirmative action survey, the self-identification of disability form, and the self-identification of veteran status form.
Review of applications will begin April 9, 2017. Materials received on or after that date will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Appropriate background screening will be conducted for the successful candidate.
USM is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
More search results
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
Portland State University
Washington University in St. Louis
Term Assistant Professor of Management
George Mason University
Dean of the School of Arts and Letters
College of St. Scholastica
Director of Institutional Compliance
University of North Texas