MEIF Financial and Administrative Manager
The University of Southern Maine seeks applicant for the full-time position of MEIF Financial & Administrative Manager within the Muskie School's Catherine Cutler Institute.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide financial coordination for the Maine Economic Improvement Funds (MEIF) program at the University of Southern Maine. Reporting to and working closely with the Senor Policy Associate for Economic Development/MEIF Coordinator, the manager’s responsibilities include preparing and presenting financial forecasts and reports; approving financial transactions; drafting, analyzing, reconciling, and monitoring budgets and expenditures; and developing and managing data tracking for administrative and financial reporting.
The University of Southern Maine (USM) is Maine’s Metropolitan University, dedicated to providing students with a high-quality, accessible, affordable education. USM’s strategic focus is in alignment with the Coalition of Urban and Metropolitan Universities and we are seeking to become a Carnegie Engaged University by the year 2020. USM offers Baccalaureate, Master's, and Doctoral programs, providing students with rich learning and community engagement opportunities in the arts, humanities, politics, health sciences, business, mass communications, science, engineering, and technology. Further information on USM can be found at www.usm.maine.edu.
USM’s three environmentally friendly campuses are unique, yet all share the extensive resources of the university — and all are energized through strong community partnerships. Offering easy access to Boston, plus the ocean, mountains and forests of coastal, inland and northern Maine, USM is at the heart of Maine's most exciting metropolitan region:
- Our Portland campus is located in "one of America’s most livable cities," according to Forbes magazine, which also ranks Portland among the top 10 for job prospects. A creative and diverse community on Maine’s scenic coast, Portland is nationally known as a culinary hot spot!
- USM’s beautiful residential Gorham campus supports and celebrates excellence in academics, athletics, music and the arts and is home to ten Living Learning Communities and six Residential Communities.
- Our Lewiston campus is home to USM’s innovative and richly diverse Lewiston-Auburn College. This Central Maine campus integrates classroom, community and workplace, and provides a small college experience with the resources of a large university.
- Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience, Master's degree and three years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in spreadsheet, database, and word-processing applications.
- Demonstrated competency in preparing and presenting financial forecasts and reports; drafting, analyzing, reconciling, and monitoring budgets and expenditures; and developing and managing data tracking for administrative and financial reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a team environment, and provide customer service to internal and external customers at all levels.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a clear and organized manner.
- Ability to work independently and balance multiple priorities.
- Experience managing financial/budgeting and administrative processes in a higher education academic institution.
Apply online at: https://usm.hiretouch.com/view-all-jobs. You will create an applicant profile and complete an application. You will need to upload a cover letter, resume/curriculum vitae and a list of the names and contact information for three references. You will also need to complete the affirmative action survey, the self-identification of disability form, and the self-identification of veteran status form.
Review of applications will begin April 9, 2017. Materials received on or after that date will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Appropriate background screening will be conducted for the successful candidate.
USM is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
More search results
Executive Director of the Center for Social Conce…
Johns Hopkins University
Assistant Director of Development & Alumni Engage…
Colorado State University - College of Business
ice Chancellor for Agriculture and Life Sciences …
Texas A&M University
Assistant Vice President (AVP) for Capital Assets…
Virginia Commonwealth University
President and Vice-Chancellor
Knightsbridge Robertson Surrette