- Executive Assistant
- Academic Search, Inc.
- Washington, DC
Academic Search, Inc. and American Academic Leadership Institute are looking for an Executive Assistant for their Washington D.C. office.
This is a unique position that will support three executives and support the activities of two organizations. For Academic Search, time will be devoted to support of the President and Vice President for Finance and Administration. Tasks will include greeting visitors, calendaring and coordinating resources, producing materials required for key meetings, presentations, and trainings, travel arrangements, general copying and filing, supply ordering and other additional office management. You can find more information about Academic Search at www.academic-search.com.
This position will also support the President of the American Academic Leadership Institute (AALI). Duties associated with this role include correspondence with program attendees, organization of presenters and program materials, food arrangement at program sites, collection of registration fees, updates of participant logs, maintaining the website and print brochures and other administrative duties needed for the successful management of AALI and its three programs. You can find more information about AALI at www.americanali.org.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, motivated, energetic and dynamic. A team player who enjoys the opportunity to apply multi-tasking and critical thinking skills will be ideally suited to the requirements of this position. This will be a full time, exempt position. There will be travel approximately 4 times a year.
Anticipated start date is March, 2017 and the salary will be $55,000 - $60,000. Benefits include 401(k) plan, long term and short term disability, life, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and an amazing team to work with.
- 3+ years’ experience providing administrative support required
- Demonstrated MS OFFICE SKILLS essential -Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc),
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Work experience at a college, university or higher education related organization is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism, ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy
- Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for the executive team
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including command of the English language
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities and to work as needed to complete projects
- Ability to adapt to new technology systems
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while managing multiple projects
- Willing to offer new ideas or solutions to run both organizations better
Applications should include: a cover letter that describes your interest in joining Academic Search, Inc. and American Academic Leadership Institute (AALI) and details how you meet the ideal candidate requirements. In addition, please provide a complete resume, the names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses of five references, none of whom will be contacted without permission of the candidate. Please send all materials to: ExecAssistant@academic-search.com.
Academic Search, Inc and AALI are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, physical disabilities, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
More search results
Collegiate Assistant Professor: Integrated Scienc…
Virginia Tech Academy of Integrated Science
Chair – Department of Kinesiology
Texas Christian University
Tenure-track in Theatre - Theatre History/Literat…
JobElephant.com - CSU Bakersfield
Tenure Track Assistant Professor in Astronomy/Ast…
Texas Christian University