Vice President of Human Resources
Position Announcement #: ADMIN044
Classification: Range 6 Administrator
Applications accepted: January 10, 2022 to February 15, 2022
Salary: commensurate with experience
Range: $80,858 - $129,377
The Vice President of Human Resources reports to the College President and is an excellent opportunity to work alongside the College's senior leadership team.
This executive position provides vision, leadership, and strategic direction for the human resources activities of the college which includes identifying, developing, integrating and coordinating human capital solutions to contribute to the achievement of the College’s goals.
This position has overall responsibility for planning, organizing and staffing the areas of, HR operations, and employee and labor relations functions for approximately 350 employees to ensure the organization can execute its organizational strategies equitably and in compliance with all collective bargaining agreements or plans, laws and regulations.
Responsibilities include the recruitment, and onboarding for all positions; employee engagement and performance management; leadership and staff training and development; classification, compensation, and benefits administration; HRIS systems administration; and supervision of the Human Resources office. This position serves as the Affirmative Action/Campus investigator/ADA Officer for the College. Principles of diversity, affirmation action, and equal employment opportunity will be applied to all college human resources practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Personnel Administration, or related field
- Five years of successful and progressively responsible professional experience in human resource management in a medium to large organization.
- Demonstrated high level of skills in leadership, management, supervisory, organizational, and human relations.
- Demonstrated competence in interpreting and complying with federal and state legislation, and state, system, and university policies.
- Advanced degree in organizational management, law or related.
- Experience in public sector human resource management.
- Solid employee relations/labor relations experience, including negotiating and managing collective bargaining agreements and maintaining sound business relationships with union representatives.
- Demonstrated ability to foster participation of others and to work effectively and collaboratively with administrators, faculty, staff, students, and other constituents of the university.
- Experience in strategic planning, project management, and change management.
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) or equivalent professional HR certification.