Dakota State University seeks applications for the position of Dean of the College of Education. The position offers an exceptional opportunity for a visionary, collaborative, and energetic leader. Reporting directly to the Provost, the Dean of the College of Education is responsible for academic, personnel, strategic, financial, and administrative operations of the College. The Dean is also responsible for communicating the vision and goals of the College to the community. The University supports an excellent technology environment for teaching, research, and service. In this setting, the Dean will have unparalleled opportunities to advance innovative teacher education programs.
Information about the College of Education: The College of Education offers 10 undergraduate programs, 2 certificates, 21 minors and endorsements, and 1 master’s program. The dean will work directly with 15 faculty, 2 support staff, and the Director of Field Services and several faculty adjuncts within the College of Education.
- Supervises and develops faculty within the College of Education, including participating in recruitment, hiring, professional development, and performance reviews.
- Oversees national and state accreditation of the College of Education.
- Provides direction for curriculum development.
- Prepare budget requests reflecting the need and priorities of the College.
- Oversee and execute the ongoing administration of the allocated budget.
- Formulate short- and long-range plans for the meeting the goals of the College.
- Work in collaboration with other Deans across campus to define and articulate areas of joint responsibility to fulfill the general mission of the University.
- Collaborate with members of Admissions and Student Affairs to oversee College undergraduate and graduate student recruitment, advising, and retention activities.
- Earned doctorate degree in Education or a related field from an accredited university.
- Credentials commensurate with an appointment at the rank of associate or full professor.
- Demonstrated leadership, administrative, and supervisory experience.
- Experience building and sustaining external relationships with local and state schools.
- Record of accomplishment in teaching, scholarship, and service.
- Experience in curriculum development and assessment.
- Strong communication, organization, and technology skills.
- Record of successful management of fiscal resources, strategic planning, and program development.
- Vision for integrating new and emerging technology.
- K-12 and/or university teaching experience.
- Proven experience with and commitment to state and national accreditation processes.
DSU accepts applications through an on-line employment site. To apply, visit https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu. The employment site will allow the attachment of a cover letter, curriculum vitae, transcripts, and contact information for at least three professional references.
Candidates who apply by February 2, 2022 will receive primary consideration.
DSU is located in Madison, South Dakota in the southern lakes region of the state. The region boasts a wealth of outdoor sports and a life-style possible only in smaller towns and rural communities. Madison is just a 50-minute drive from Sioux Falls, the largest city in South Dakota.
Dakota State employees receive a comprehensive and flexible benefits package including paid time off, health and retirement benefits, and life and disability insurance options. Other benefits include reduced tuition, longevity pay and training opportunities. DSU also provides professional liability coverage.
DSU is committed to recruitment, hiring, and retention of underrepresented groups.
Applicants with disabilities are invited to identify any necessary accommodations required in the application process. E-Verify, EOE
More search results
Dean, Macaulay Honors College
City University of New York
Lecturer in Veterinary Technology
University of New Hampshire
Assistant Professor of School Psychology
California State University, Los Angeles, Division of Special Education & Counseling
Senior Educational Program Administrator
University of Connecticut
Academic Specialist in Biology
Lyman Briggs College, Michigan State University