Sr. Application Developer, Information Systems & Computing (ISC)
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website for the latest information.
Posted Job Title
Sr. Application Developer, Information Systems & Computing (ISC)
Job Profile Title
Application Developer Senior
Job Description Summary
Information Systems & Computing (ISC) is the University of Pennsylvania's central IT organization, providing the core network, data, voice, video, and enterprise application infrastructure and services upon which Penn's numerous Schools and Centers build their unique tools and capabilities.
ISC's 270-plus employees work closely with the University's IT organizations in order to create, deliver and support products and services that help Schools and Centers operate efficiently and effectively. We strive to be easy to work with, and to serve as a trusted advisor to Penn's IT community, faculty, staff and students in support of an environment of discovery and progress.
ISC's focus on customer service and the high-quality, cost-effective, reliable implementation of modern IT solutions advances the mission of the University, as well as that of each individual School and Center. At Penn, technological freedom and departmental autonomy represent dearly held core values. ISC supports those ideas by providing foundational services and cogent counsel, empowering individuals and departments to employ their distinct strengths in support of their goals. https://www.isc.upenn.edu
The Application & Information Services (AIS) Group is responsible for planning, acquiring, developing, and maintaining the university's core business and student support systems.
This position will work as part of a team to plan, build and maintain business applications and integrations. Design, develop & provide operational support for solutions using our framework/tools and industry standard programming languages. Contribute to design and development of new solutions as well as the refinement and optimization of the existing portfolio. Performance monitoring and troubleshooting. Analyze data and draw appropriate conclusions. Collaborate regularly with colleagues in ISC on client projects while following and contributing to standards and best practices.
The Application Developer, Sr. works as part of a team to plan, build and maintain business applications and integrations. Design, develop & provide operational support for solutions using our framework/tools and industry standard programming languages. Contribute to design and development of new solutions as well as the refinement and optimization of the existing portfolio. Performance monitoring and troubleshooting. Collaborate regularly with colleagues in ISC on client projects while following and contributing to standards and best practices. May have a supervisory role to include work breakdown, assignment and monitoring, code quality review and input to performance evaluation for staff.
- Translate functional requirements into technical specifications and design solutions using ISC frameworks and tools.
- Develop new applications and integrations
- Support and optimize installed base applications and integrations
- Collaborate with colleagues in ISC and the Schools/Centers on technical solutions
- Follow and contribute to standards and best practices
- Analyze data; draw appropriate conclusions
- Create and maintain documentation
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Science or related field) and a minimum of three years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. An understanding of programming languages, user interfaces, integration methods, and development lifecycles. Demonstrated competence in systems analysis and design and the ability to quickly learn and apply technologies
Required Skills :
- Experience transforming business requirements into software designs and solutions; knowledge of iterative software development, including frequent software deliveries. Familiarity with agile software development/deployment practices and related methodologies.
- Experience working with databases and strong SQL skills. Ability to review data, identify patterns and draw conclusions. Ability to code using PL/SQL and Java.
- Experience with data integration/API platforms such as Talend and Mulesoft.
- Experience with the variety of integration challenges presented in a best of breed application environment that includes a mix of custom built and 3rd party applications operating on premises and in the cloud.
- Experience executing all levels of testing (Unit, System, Integration, Regression.)
- Experience working on mission critical, highly available solutions requiring occasional on call support outside of business hours.
- Must be a high performing self-starter who can prioritize, organize and complete multiple concurrent work assignments on schedule and with expected level of quality.
- Must have demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Desired but not required skills
- Experience with delivering solutions using the Salesforce platform.
- Experience as a senior level software developer in a higher education institution.
- Experience with CRM and Financial/Accounting Systems.
Office, library, computer room
Typically sitting at a desk or table
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Information Systems and Computing
$59,703.00 - $132,459.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family-whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement-and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/3401-Walnut-Street/Sr-Application-Developer--Information-Systems---Computing--ISC-_JR00043554
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-7c793efb5af5d041a6b2ca82a6dc0c4d
More search results
Dean, Macaulay Honors College
City University of New York
Lecturer in Veterinary Technology
University of New Hampshire
Assistant Professor of School Psychology
California State University, Los Angeles, Division of Special Education & Counseling
Senior Educational Program Administrator
University of Connecticut
Academic Specialist in Biology
Lyman Briggs College, Michigan State University