Assistant Professor of Film Production
Successful applicants will be expected to demonstrate teaching effectiveness and participate in program development and assessment; maintain a discipline of relevant research and creative activity; advise students; contribute to recruitment, retention, and outreach activities; and serve on School, College, and University committees. We seek to attract applicants who aspire to teach in a diverse University community and have demonstrated ability in helping students from a range of backgrounds succeed.
Required Qualifications – Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
- M.F.A. or another terminal degree in film or media production.
- Evidence of successful college-level teaching, including as a teaching assistant.
- Ability to teach a range of fiction/non-fiction production courses in the undergraduate program and our unique graduate curriculum in Science and Natural History Filmmaking.
- Interest and ability to teach cinematography at the undergraduate and graduate level.
- Demonstration of a relevant, ongoing professional or creative research agenda.
- A record of publicly exhibiting creative work at the national or international level.
Preferred Qualifications – Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
Owing to the breadth and integration of our programs, candidates who demonstrate experience, education, knowledge & additional interest, and expertise in one or more of the following areas will be given preference:
- Ability to teach additional courses in in one or more areas including directing, lighting, editing, sound, producing and other topics of interest.
- Non-fiction film production, installation, or multi-media experience that has the potential to relate to science or natural history filmmaking.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other - Please see Special Instructions Summary
- Cover Letter addressing each of the Required and Preferred Qualifications
- Sample Syllabus
- Sample Syllabus #2
More search results
Vice President for Human Resources and Chief Huma…
University of Miami
Princeton Theological Seminary
Communication - Visiting Assistant Professor - Ge…
Assistant Provost and Campus Director
University of Georgia
Vice President and Chief Diversity Officer
Oregon State University