Certified Recovery Specialist (Emergency Medicine)
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website for the latest information.
Posted Job Title
Certified Recovery Specialist (Emergency Medicine)
Job Profile Title
Clinical Research Coordinator B
Job Description Summary
This full-time position is for a Certified Recovery Specialist (CRS) who will be a core member of a collaborative care team. The team includes Penn Medicine on Demand clinicians (PMOD), the PI and CO PI, program manager, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP). The Certified Recovery Specialist will be part of a partnership with CHOP neonatal follow up clinic (NFP-Rise) project expanding peer supports in women's health across the Penn health system, in tandem with CHOP's follow up clinic. This individual will rapidly connect patients with opiate use disorder to appropriate resources, and community follow up care. This person will develop relationships with community groups/agencies in partnership with others in the agency. The substance use navigator will be responsible for updating and expanding resources within Penn and with community practices (communities of recovery, educational, vocational, social, cultural, spiritual resources, mutual self- help groups, professional services, etc.). This will involve a collaborative effort including the recovering person, agency staff and other relevant stakeholders. The CRS will be responsible for managing their own caseload of patients by providing patients with recovery education and by providing a model for both people in recovery and staff by demonstrating that recovery is possible. The CRS will maintain contact either in-person, by phone or e-mail with the recovering person once they are connected with care and throughout the intervention to ensure ongoing success and to provide re-engagement support in partnership with others in the agency if needed. This individual will assist the recovering person to identify their personal interests, goals, strengths and weaknesses regarding recovery and link them to needed resources. The CRS will help patients identify barriers to accessing care to assist in recovery-related activities and develop strategies to overcome those barriers. The target population are individuals with opioid use disorders and in need of buprenorphine access.
This position is for a Substance Use Navigator (SUN) who will assess patient's substance use needs and connect them to identified resources rapidly via a city-wide buprenorphine warmline. The primary duties for the Senior CRS will include, but are not limited to:
- Follow patients throughout the care continuum, facilitate and expedite appointments for follow-up and acute care, consults and support services including behavioral health clinicians, social workers, physicians, community agencies, etc. Serve as an essential link between patients and all other care providers.
- Maintain and expand communication with clinical partners to raise awareness of the warmline.
- Outreach to Penn departments and community partners to update and expand resources. Establish and maintain relationships with Philadelphia's behavioral health systems and targeted organizations and utilize those relationships to maintain a working knowledge of surrounding resources including visiting referral facilities.
- Monitor and evaluate the delivery of care through documentation and tracking of needs addressed, track outcomes and support strategic planning through data collection in accordance with all state requirements and the research protocol.
Bachelor's Degree with 2-3 years of related experience in research and clinical study methodologies or equivalent combination of education and experience is required
Office, Library, Computer Room; Requires extensive safety
Typically sitting at a desk or table; Occasional lifting 25 lb. or less
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Perelman School of Medicine
$42,953.00 - $65,861.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family-whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement-and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Blockley-Hall/Certified-Recovery-Specialist--Emergency-Medicine-_JR00045913-1
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-5458b3273ed4a948bf2cfd37cae0440a
More search results
Dean, Macaulay Honors College
City University of New York
Lecturer in Veterinary Technology
University of New Hampshire
Assistant Professor of School Psychology
California State University, Los Angeles, Division of Special Education & Counseling
Senior Educational Program Administrator
University of Connecticut
Academic Specialist in Biology
Lyman Briggs College, Michigan State University