- Director of Development, College of Education
- University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Amherst, MA
Director of Development, College of Education
The Director of Development for the College of Education is responsible for the design, management and implementation of a comprehensive development program for the College of Education. The program incorporates both capital and annual fundraising, with particular emphasis on major individual, corporate, foundation, and planned gifts. This position reports to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Constituent Programs with a dotted line to the Dean of the College of Education.
- Plans, organizes and directs programs to secure major gifts and coordinates the identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, recognition, and stewardship of private support from individuals, corporations, and foundations for the College of Education.
- Serves as the chief major gift fundraiser for the College and manages a portfolio of major-gift capacity prospects. Develops detailed strategies and expectations on a quarterly basis for top tier prospects. Provides stewardship of donors through ongoing communications, recognition activities, invitations to key events, and interaction with beneficiaries of their support.
- Advises the Dean on fundraising matters and coordinates development activities within the College of Education.
- Assists the Associate Vice Chancellor for Constituent Programs, the Vice Chancellor for Development and Alumni Relations and the Dean in the analysis, formation, and implementation of fundraising plans and policies and procedures as they pertain to the College of Education development program.
- Creates and implements programs to build stronger relationships with internal and external constituencies, alumni, parents and friends. Develops and strengthens a group of key volunteers through the College of Education Dean’s Advisory Board.
- Coordinates and supports the College of Education’s planned, corporate and foundation gifts programs through close collaboration with the offices of Planned Giving and Corporate and Foundation Relations.
- Five or more years experience of demonstrated success in major gifts fundraising in a development program, preferably with an educational institution. Equivalent experience in business or industry will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Proven track record of cultivating, soliciting and closing major gifts.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Experience in a higher education environment.
- Knowledge of prospect management systems.
- Knowledge of database fundraising software.
- Previous experience working with senior-level executives.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To be considered for this position: please submit a resume and letter of interest to Deb Sidur at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately, in the order in which they are received. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The University of Massachusetts Amherst Foundation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities and encourages applications from these and other protected group members
More search results
Collegiate Assistant Professor: Integrated Scienc…
Virginia Tech Academy of Integrated Science
Chair – Department of Kinesiology
Texas Christian University
Tenure-track in Theatre - Theatre History/Literat…
JobElephant.com - CSU Bakersfield
Tenure Track Assistant Professor in Astronomy/Ast…
Texas Christian University