- Associate Director of Development – College of Engineering
- University of Massachusetts Amherst
Associate Director of Development – College of Engineering
As the Commonwealth’s flagship campus, the University of Massachusetts Amherst is making a profound, transformative impact to the common good. We are the largest public research university in New England, distinguished by the excellence and breadth of our academic, research and community outreach programs. Our students are bright, bold, unconventional thinkers and our campus culture typifies the ultimate public university experience with diverse students and deep community engagement.
The Position: The University of Massachusetts Amherst Foundation is seeking an Associate Director of Development for the College of Engineering to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward alumni, parents, and friends of the college. This position reports directly to the Executive Director of Development for the College of Engineering and works to create opportunities for increased philanthropic support from constituents.
- Articulate the vision and core values of UMass Amherst and the College of Engineering to constituents and serve as a front line officer in promoting UMass Amherst goals and objectives.
- Maintain current knowledge of campus and college priorities.
- Identify, qualify, cultivate and solicit gifts among the University’s external constituencies and maintain a portfolio of major gift prospects.
- Support the development and management of volunteer network and advisory boards within the College of Engineering.
- Cultivate relationships with departments within the college including Communications, Diversity Programs, Experiential Learning and Career Placement.
- Actively collaborate with the Central Advancement Division staff including Planned Giving, Annual Giving, and the Regional team.
- BA degree required.
- Three or more years of development experience, preferably, in an educational institute. Equivalent experience in private sector sales or marketing will be considered.
- Experienced relationship builder with excellent communication skills–and the ability to be responsive, resourceful and relationship-oriented.
- Decisive and organized with the skills to navigate multiple projects with ease.
- Ability and willingness to travel on a frequent basis.
- Ability and willingness to work some evenings and weekends.
- Knowledge of database fundraising software CS Advance.
- Knowledge of prospect management systems.
- Experience working with senior-level executives.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To be considered for this position: please submit a letter of interest and resume to Susan Gray at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately, in the order in which they are received. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The University of Massachusetts Amherst Foundation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities and encourages applications from these and other protected group members.
More search results
Collegiate Assistant Professor: Integrated Scienc…
Virginia Tech Academy of Integrated Science
Chair – Department of Kinesiology
Texas Christian University
Tenure-track in Theatre - Theatre History/Literat…
JobElephant.com - CSU Bakersfield
Tenure Track Assistant Professor in Astronomy/Ast…
Texas Christian University