Dean of the College of Health Sciences and Human Ecology
CLOSING DATE: March 31, 2017 11:59pm
Applications should be submitted to our online system, NEOGOV, no later than March 31, 2017 11:59 pm to guarantee consideration. The search committee reserves the right to consider applications until an appointment is made.
APPOINTMENT DATE: July 1, 2017
SALARY: Compensation will correspond to the experience and credentials of the candidate,
and will reflect the leadership responsibilities of the position.
JOB TYPE: Administrator 9
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Dean, reporting to the Provost and Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs, is the chief academic and administrative officer of the college. Specific information regarding departments and programs that comprise the College of Health Sciences and Human Ecology is available at
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BRING THE FOLLOWING SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· An earned doctorate and a graduate degree in an area of study at Bemidji State University;
· Minimum of 5 years of recent successful experience in a university-level academic leadership role;
· Minimum of 8 years of teaching in higher education;
· Understanding of and appreciation for the liberal arts, professional, and graduate programs;
· Commitment to the mission of BSU;
· Experience in developing curriculum and learning outcomes;
· Familiarity with collective bargaining;
· Understanding and commitment to diverse student populations;
· Understanding technology as an educational and learning tool;
· Commitment to BSU’s academic master plan and strategic plan;
· Passion for BSU campus, BSU campus community and local community life;
· Ability to lead college constituencies through consensus-building and collaboration;
· Commitment to ethical and decisive leadership;
· Strong problem-solving skills; and
· Experience in leading and managing change.
· Serves as primary academic spokesperson for the college;
· Manages the college’s human, financial and physical resources;
· Administers and provides fiscal resources to the college’s faculty and staff;
· Creates and supports outreach and service through partnerships and alliances
· Models civic and professional involvement;
· Leads college efforts for external fundraising;
· Establishes plan for programmatic enrollment goals;
· Engages in scholarly activity and continuing professional development;
· Plans, implements, and ensures leadership of college and university initiatives;
· Establishes college strategic leadership;
· Works with peers to review and modify policies.
- The applicant should demonstrate a knowledge of and interest in diverse cultures and populations.
- All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of an offer of employment.
- Persons writing letters of references should be advised of Minnesota's open record law which can make such letters available to applicants upon request.
- Official transcript(s) must be provided to Human Resources upon hire.
- Employment for this position is covered by the Personnel Plan for Administrators:
- In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (Minnesota State) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, faculty and staff driving on college/university business, who use a rental or state vehicle, shall be required to complete a vehicle Use Agreement form and conform to Minnesota State’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a motor vehicle records check.
- BSU and NTC are tobacco free workplaces (see policy)
APPLICATION INFORMATION AND QUESTIONS: Apply online for this vacancy through the NEOGOV online application system:
and include a letter of application, vita, unofficial graduate transcripts (official transcripts required at time of employment), two letters of reference, and a list of five additional professional references with contact information.
Dr. Bonnie Higgins
College of Business, Interim Dean
1500 Birchmont Dr. NE
Bemidji, MN 56601
Telephone: (218) 755-3732
JOIN OUR UNIVERSITY COMMUNITY!
Bemidji State University is a comprehensive, public, and regional institution in Bemidji, Minnesota. Founded in 1919 to meet an urgent demand for teachers, it was a major pathway to higher education for northern Minnesotans throughout most of the twentieth century. Bemidji State now has a broader scope, serving about 5,000 undergraduate and graduate students from across Minnesota, from surrounding states, and from around the world. Buoyed by the success of its first comprehensive fundraising campaign — exceeding a $35 million, five-year goal in gifts and pledges — the university aspires to reflect Minnesota’s increasing diversity while rising to the challenges and opportunities of a global century.
BSU offers broad access to high-quality, affordable higher education, providing the academic guidance and personal encouragement students need in order to exceed their own expectations and achieve at the highest levels. Through tutorial and career support, an Honors Program, generous scholarships, a focus on teaching and learning, and more, the university is committed to the success of all students – from newly motivated learners to those most accomplished of all students – from newly motivated learners to those most accomplished. BSU is uniquely blessed with a beautiful lakeside campus in Bemidji, the thriving capital of Minnesota’s celebrated north woods. Here, instructional excellence is compounded by opportunities for engagement, leadership, and year-round recreation. By leveraging these advantages, the university seeks to graduate conscientious citizens who have both deep knowledge in their chosen fields and the confidence, critical-thinking ability, and communication skills to apply that knowledge as they lead inspired lives.
Bemidji State University is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System (Minnesota State) http://www.mnscu.edu. To learn more about our distinctive university, see our web site at:http://www.bemidjistate.edu
Bemidji State University is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator. This document is available in alternative formats to individuals with disabilities. Consumers with hearing or speech disabilities may contact us via their preferred Telecommunications Relay Service
More search results
Dean, Albert Nerken School of Engineering
The Cooper Union
Vice Provost for Technology and Chief Information…
Texas Woman’s University
Vice President for Institutional Advancement
Southern Connecticut State University
Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor-Pharmacy P…
University of Texas at El Paso
Dean of the College of Business Administration
University of Texas at El Paso