Job Description Summary:
Job ID: 3904 - Unclassified - FT (Salaried)
The Talent Manager will develop integrated talent acquisition plans in partnership with the senior management to develop a comprehensive talent management strategy. The creation of these talent management strategies will enhance the ability to attract, develop and retain a highly motivated, diverse and effective workforce that enables University Advancement to meet the demands of the business and of the donors we support.
The Talent Manager will provide oversight for talent acquisition procedures including sourcing/recruiting, interviewing, and hiring as well as the onboarding process. The Talent Manger will oversee the personnel management, professional development, and promotion strategies that satisfy the immediate and long-term needs of the organization.
This position will report to the Senior Director, University Advancement Finances and Business Services and will be the primary contact for HR matters for the University Advancement Staff.
- Strategically manages the recruitment process within University Advancement, including assisting hiring managers with the writing and revising of job descriptions, developing a recruitment plan, counseling hiring managers on recruitment related issues. Works with external search firms as necessary and represents the division at job fairs and recruitment/networking events
- Serves as the primary contact within University Advancement for all human resources related matters and is the primary liaison with the Office of Human Resources regarding staff related programs and policies, compensation structures, strategic talent management structures, and job description development
- Assists leadership with the performance management process, ensuring evaluations are completed by established deadlines with proper documentation, and counseling leadership on the handling of performance and discipline issues should they occur
- Works with University Advancement’s senior leadership to oversee the design, implementation, and evaluation a variety of programs, initiatives, and policies, to include those related to on-boarding and off-boarding of staff and to promote professional development and training, staff engagement and retention, and effective organizational communication
- Monitors and tracks budgets for positions, salary savings, and vacancy credit. Identifies and seeks to attain talent-related metrics
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of experience working in an HR and/or EEO environment
- This position will require attention to detail
- Maintaining confidentiality is required
- Ability to tactfully deal with staff and candidates
- Experience working with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience working with the University Time and attendance system, KRONOS; Banner Human Resources module; and the University talent management system, HireTouch
- Knowledge of federal and state personnel rules and regulations
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco free.
More search results
Director of CHASS FIRST
UCR CHASS FIRST
Assistant Professor and Curator, Breckenridge End…
University of Minnesota
Aviation Program, Tenure Track Open rank
Bowling Green Stat Univ.
TESOL Adjunct Faculty
George Mason University
Director, Center for Latino Studies - (FAC000209)
University of Houston - Downtown