Finance Manager 2
- University of Connecticut
- Hartford, CT
Under the supervision and direction of the Dean, the University of Connecticut School of Social Work is searching for a Finance Manager 2 position. This position provides leadership, direction, management, and day-to-day operation of the Office of Finance and Administration. This includes the fiscal, administrative, personnel, grant processing and management, general administration and facilities functions of the University of Connecticut School of Social Work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carries primary responsibility for the financial management, oversight, and coordination of the School of Social Work’s fiscal resources, including operating funds, grant and contract funds, UConn Foundation funds, and scholarship funds, all totaling over $20,000,000. Responsible for the financial management areas including budgeting, accounting, record keeping, reporting, and financial control.
- Direct financial management, oversight, and coordination of all approved budgets. Serves as primary fiscal contact for the Deans on matters pertaining to the School’s finances.
- Responsible for the School’s system of accounting and fiscal record keeping (Kuali Financial Systems) in accordance with standard accounting principles.
- Approves all expenditures and ensures that expenditures are in compliance with university, state, federal, and other policy and procedures, regulations, and standards.
- Performs office management duties, directs workflow of the Office of Finance and Administration, determines staffing needs, and supervises the processing of administrative paperwork and maintenance of files.
- Independently develops and makes recommendations for annual budget requests for all operating funds and is responsible for the management of the approved budget. Prepares budget reports and projections on a regular basis. Analyzes and prepares all reports for the School’s annual budget review with the provost.
- Carries primary responsibility for the personnel management, oversight, and coordination of the School’s personnel functions. Serves as primary administrative liaison for the Deans on matters pertaining to personnel activities. Responsible for the final review of personnel paperwork, including search materials (PageUp) and payroll (Core-CT).
- Carries primary responsibility in areas of general administration, including acting as liaison with facilities, public safety, information technology, and student activities. Represents the school on a variety of committees both within and outside the School of Social Work.
- Independently develops and makes recommendations on internal operating procedures, and makes changes as needed to improve efficiency and effectiveness. Serves as a primary source of information regarding the interpretation and application of policies and regulations both internal and external to the School.
- Acts independently and makes decisions within the goals, policies and procedures, and expectations of the Deans. Represents the School of Social Work to all levels of University officials, outside agencies, and others; to act independently and make decisions within the goals, policies and procedures, and expectations of the Deans.
- Master's degree in related field with at least six years of experience in the areas of finance, budget, personnel, and general administrative duties: or Bachelor's degree and eight years of experience as listed above.
- At least two years of experience in a leadership role.
- Ability to analyze data and prepare budget and other reports with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work effectively with staff and administrators as well as external individuals and groups.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize workload.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience with Kuali Financial System.
- Experience with Core-CT payroll system and PageUp search system.
- Experience with Concur travel system.
- Experience with HuskyBuy purchasing system.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Familiarity with University of Connecticut/State of Connecticut regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Work experience in an academic environment.
This is a full-time, 12-month, permanent position located on the UConn Hartford campus with an anticipated start date of February 2022. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment at the University of Connecticut is contingent upon the successful candidate’s compliance with the University’s Mandatory Workforce COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. This Policy states that all workforce members are required to have or obtain a Covid-19 vaccination as a term and condition of employment at UConn, unless an exemption or deferral has been approved.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #495948 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on January 5, 2022.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.