Vice President for Human Resources and Chief Human Resources Officer
- Seattle University
- Seattle, Washington
Seattle University seeks an innovative, experienced, and collaborative leader to serve as its next Vice President for Human Resources (VPHR) and to lead institutional efforts towards excellence across the full range of human resource programs and services.
The VPHR is a critically important role that carries broad responsibility for effecting positive change and growth in the university's culture, policies, practices, and systems. The position provides counsel to the President, serves as a member of the University Cabinet, and shares in leadership responsibility for the administration of the university as a whole. The VPHR brings expertise to lead, develop, and provide outstanding comprehensive human resources services, practices, and policies. They will manage and support a team of professionals charged with effective implementation across all human resource areas and foster collaboration and partnerships across campus in support of the university's strategic goals.
The VPHR will play a critical role in the implementation of the Reignited Strategic Directions 2022-2027 to be formally launched by President Peñalver in January 2022; in particular with goals relating to strengthening professional formation, promoting inclusive excellence, and repositioning the university for growth.
The successful candidate will have progressive human resources leadership experience at an executive level. The next VPHR will lead by example in demonstrating trust, open communication, compassion, enthusiasm, and encouragement and have experience building capacity and motivating a team of human resource professionals. The successful candidate will possess many of the following attributes and competencies:
• Visionary leadership and capacity as a facilitator of organizational and cultural change;
• Understanding of HR capacity and fluency in equitable and inclusive practices and policies within a challenging regulatory landscape;
• Ability to connect best practices and current HR strategy to university strategy;
• Understands how to communicate the culture and build community. A progressive mindset with experience and demonstrated capacity to lead multicultural organizations that effectively serve BIPOC and/or LGBTQ+ communities;
• Success building a high performing HR organization by leading, developing, and mentoring; builds skills and capacity to meet the future needs of the University;
• Systems-minded and experienced in the operational aspects of human resources; uses data-informed decision making and able to step into operational, legal, financial, and compliance matters when needed or appropriate;
• An enterprise change leader; a record of success in leading and guiding change management and transformation practices;
• Experience managing contracts, vendors, legal counsel, and other external partners to ensure enterprise risk management and strong fiscal stewardship;
Beth Schaefer and Holly Bogo of Koya Partners have been exclusively retained for this search. To express interest in this role please submit your materials to https://talent-profile.diversifiedsearchgroup.com/search/v2/C3569A4F-652B-4EA6-BD1E-869752410789 . All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
Seattle University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran in the administration of any of its education policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletics, and other school-administered policies and programs, or in its employment related policies and practices. In addition, the University does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking in its employment related policies and practices, including coverage under its health benefits program.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Dean, Macaulay Honors College
City University of New York
Lecturer in Veterinary Technology
University of New Hampshire
Assistant Professor of School Psychology
California State University, Los Angeles, Division of Special Education & Counseling
Senior Educational Program Administrator
University of Connecticut
Academic Specialist in Biology
Lyman Briggs College, Michigan State University