Professional Assistant I - Office of Networking and Telecommunications
The Professional Assistant reports to the College Director for Networking and Telecommunications. The successful candidate will perform the day-to-day functions of the College’s Academic subnet and assists with the configuration and maintenance of the College’s telephone and core network systems. Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Maintain network switches for both administrative and educational networks.
2. Assist with the installation and operation of equipment supporting the network, including switches, routers, servers, and temporary installations or rerouting to support special programs.
3. Assist the Director of Networking and Telecommunications on the configuration and maintenance of college-wide network systems. Individual must maintain knowledge of all types of networking and should maintain proficiency with College networking products.
4. Assist the Director of Networking and Telecommunications by providing reports and log information on networking systems. Logging of network users and correlation of log reports to identify and match incidents to users.
5. Maintain and report on day-to-day operations of the campus subnets including the review of utilization, documentation of network performance, and identification and analysis of traffic problems.
6. Assist with the College’s academic authentication and directory root services, and assist with the configuration of campus academic domains by the Campus ETU Coordinators.
7. Assist Campus ETU Coordinators and Desktop Support with the implementation of classroom and laboratory LANs to be connected to the College’s academic backbone or faculty office connections and function as a central resource person to the ETU
Coordinators and Desktop Support on logical connectivity issues.
8. Provide assistance in the connectivity of the College’s wireless infrastructure, and communicate campus academic requirements to the Director of Networking and Telecommunications.
9. Assist student groups in the connection of LANs and individual PCs to the College’s academic backbone as directed.
10. All other duties assigned by the Director of Networking and Telecommunications.