The Newhouse School is a comprised of state of the art communications spaces including: Television and Audio Studios, Computer Labs, Research and Collaborative spaces. The Computer Consultant II position will provide technical support for these locations throughout the Newhouse complex, as well as support for faculty and staff offices.
• A Bachelor’s degree and or 3-5 years of experience in IT Support / System Administrations is required.
• Proficient knowledge of the Macintosh operating, computer networks hardware, software, and peripherals. Knowledge of the Windows platform would be preferable.
• Apple Certified repair experience preferred
• Experience with Macintosh server administration
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Strong understanding of infrastructure technologies (storage systems, network, and data center)
• Strong understanding of enterprise storage technologies and practices
• Working knowledge of video production software preferred (Final Cut, Premiere…)
• Working knowledge of audio/video file formats, film formats, codecs, bitrates, frame rates, video resolution, aspect ratios, broadcast audio configurations and electronic delivery technologies preferred
• Experience with vendor-managed solutions and third-party team resources
Oversee and maintain Apple Technologies (Macintosh, iOS , tvOS…)
• Provide primary technical support for all Apple technology used in the complex, including but not limited to the Macintosh Platform, iOS and tvOS devices.
Oversee and maintain Server Infrastructure
• Administer the Newhouse Schools Apple server infrastructure and support the Microsoft Active Directory network computing environment.
o Server Management
o Account Management
o Server maintenance and upgrade
o Software patching
• Maintain and expand upon the Newhouse Schools asset management system for both software and hardware.
• Maintain and update software used by the Newhouse School on a regular basis, including but not limited to: deployment, patches and triage.
Projects and new initiatives
• Coordinate and manage technology projects supporting the goals and objectives of the Newhouse School
Training, mentoring and development
• Work with and act as a mentor to student employees on staff.
• Develop, coordinate and offer training to faculty, staff and student’s in in the use of hardware and software.
• Participate in professional development programs.
• Recommend and/or develop user documentation for applications.
Other duties as assigned.
Please apply at www.sujobopps.com (JOB# 033266). In addition to completing an online application, please submit a cover letter and resume. Syracuse University is an equal-opportunity, affirmative-action institution. The University prohibits discrimination and harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law to the extent prohibited by law. This nondiscrimination policy covers admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in University programs, services, and activities.
More search results
ASSOCIATE DEAN OF EXECUTIVE EDUCATION
COLUMBIA BUSINESS SCHOOL
AUXILIARIES MARKETING AND COMMUNICATION SPECIALIST
BC/BE cardiologist and electrophysiologist for a …
University of Iowa
MBA Program Director, Graduate and Executive Educ…
University of Tennessee Knoxville