Coordinator - Mathematics and Science Learning Center
- Oversee and promote the operations of the Mathematics and Science Learning Center.
- Teach one course per semester and offer 28 tutoring hours per week during the fall and spring semester over a five-day schedule. A 35-hour work week is required outside of the defined fall and spring semester.
- Shall work 35 weeks per academic year between 9/1 and 6/30, including all recess periods as per the FA contract.
- Provide tutoring for Mathematics courses ranging from Developmental Mathematics, Statistics and all Calculus levels.
- Supervise tutors and coordinate tutoring schedules for all mathematics and science tutoring services.
- Maintain a student usage database and provide reports to inform Learning Center planning and resource allocation.
- Provide and coordinate alternate testing services for Mathematics and Science courses.
- Collaborate with the Dean of Student Services to schedule Mathematics review sessions for applicants prior to their taking the placement entrance exam.
- Collaborate with the Academic Skills Center to assist in providing services to students with disabilities and special needs.
- Actively participate in departmental, campus, and college committees and initiatives including academic assessment and curricula development efforts.
- Assist the Academic Chair with the development and implementation of special programs and events coordinated by the Mathematics and Science Learning Center and the Mathematics and Science Department.
- Other duties as assigned by Department Chair.