Vice President for Administration and Finance and Chief Financial Officer
- Farmingdale State College
- Farmingdale, NY
Farmingdale State College
Vice President for Administration and Finance and Chief Financial Officer
Farmingdale State College, a campus of the State University of New York, is a college of applied science and technology with diverse student body of more than 9,000 students. As the largest of SUNY's colleges of technology, Farmingdale equips students with the resources and critical thinking skills sought by today's emerging industries through its Schools of Business, Engineering Technology, Health Sciences, and Liberal Arts and Sciences. Farmingdale offers 38 undergraduate degree programs and will offer its first Master's program in the Fall 2017. The college is a pioneer in environmental sustainability and alternative energy, and boasts a highly successful NCAA Division III athletics program.
According to the 2016 U.S. News and World Report, Farmingdale State College is ranked #9 among public colleges in the north and #28 among all colleges in the region. Farmingdale has been ranked as one of the top colleges in return on investment and as one of the safest colleges in the nation according to multiple rankings. The campus is located on 380 lush acres in the heart of Long Island, approximately 45 minutes by rail or automobile from New York City.
Read a message from Farmingdale State College's President.
Farmingdale State College is committed to a culture of inclusion in which all individuals are respected and treated fairly. The College fosters an environment which promotes work-life balance and affords an opportunity for all employees to excel. The College is steadfast in its commitment to attract and retain a workforce which is representative of our multicultural society. The Vice President for Administration and Finance/CFO leads a division of approximately 250 employees and manages an annual budget of $63 million, while ensuring fiscal management, facilities management and personnel management across the institution. As a member of the President's Cabinet, the Vice President for Administration and Finance works collaboratively with the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Vice President for Student Affairs, the Vice President for Institutional Advancement and Enrollment Management, the College Foundation and the Chief Diversity Officer to fulfill the College's mission, ensure financial stability and promote and environment of continuous improvement.
The Division of Administration and Finance serves the entire campus - administrators, faculty, staff, students and visitors by providing the following essential administrative services.
These services include:
- Financial Management
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Legal Services
- Information Technology
- Student Accounts
- Financial Aid
- Capital Planning
- Facilities, Maintenance and Physical Plant Operations
In addition, the Vice President and CFO is also responsible for the business and fiscal affairs of all non-State campus organizations such as the Auxiliary Services Corporation, Children's Center, and Small Business Development Center.
Reporting to the President, the Vice President Administration and Finance will:
- Provide vision and leadership for the Division of Administration and Finance;
- Provide oversight and stewardship of fiscal, human, and facilities resources;
- Supervise, support, mentor, and support development of staff in the Division of Administration and Finance;
- Work collaboratively to implement Farmingdale State College's multi-year Strategic Enrollment Management Plan;
- Formulate and communicate short-term and long-range goals for the division that reflect the campus' Strategic Plan;
- Promote a culture of data-informed assessment and evaluation of programs and services in the Division of Administration and Finance;
- Collaborate with Institutional Advancement and the College Foundation in fundraising efforts and on the campus capital campaign;
- Represent the Administration and Finance Division and the campus at SUNY meetings and other events as requested by the President;
- Promote the work of Administration and Finance across all campus divisions, in the system, and beyond;
- Ensure quality service from all departments in Administration and Finance;
- Contribute to a vision of environmental sustainability and responsible environmental stewardship;
- Participate in committees and provide service to the department, college, university, and profession;
- Maintain knowledge and follow all university policies while working with SUNY System Administration, the State University Construction Fund (SUCF) as well as the New York State Department of Budget (DOB).
- MBA, or Master's degree in finance, business, or related area;
- Significant experience in progressively responsible positions in finance and administration;
- Knowledge of Capital Planning;
- A keen understanding of the culture of a college campus;
- The ability to work constructively and effectively with the academic community, system, and state officials;
- An effective, balanced, and collaborative leadership style that combines a capacity for strategic vision with technical experience in financial management;
- Significant experience with long-range strategic financial and facilities planning;
- Excellent communication, negotiation, conflict resolution, and team-building skills;
- Adherence to strong ethical principles of financial management;
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to work with a diverse group of students, faculty, staff and constituents in support of campus and department mission;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- 10+ years' experience in progressively responsible positions in administration and finance;
- Experience developing and implementing initiatives that contribute to the sustainability of the College;
- Experience in public higher education administration;
- Experience in the SUNY System;
- Experience with higher education budgetary processes, and operational and accountability measures;
- Experience in facilities administration and capital budgeting;
- Experience in Human Resources Administration in a unionized environment;
- Demonstrated history of developing sustainable public-private partnerships;
- Demonstration of creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship in revenue generation;
- Interest in, and commitment to, community engagement.
- Comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental, prescription, and vision insurance;
- Retirement plan options including a fixed pension plan or a 401(A) with generous employer contributions;
- Generous paid leave provisions including vacation, sick and holiday leave;
- A rich array of services, programs and benefits to help employees advance in their career and enhance the quality of their personal life, including professional development programs, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), employee wellness programs, discounted membership to the on-campus fitness center, and access to the Campus Child Care Center.
To see the full benefits available to employees go to: http://www.suny.edu/benefits/
This is a full-time, 12-month, Management/Confidential position beginning June 1, 2017.
The salary range for the position is $150,000 to $175,000 per year, but may increase commensurate with education and experience.
Click here for a complete position profile.
Interested candidates may apply and submit the required documents listed below online at www.farmingdale.edu/employment. Although the committee will review applications until the position is filled, complete applications received by March 1, 2017 will be given full consideration. We require the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Names and contact information for five professional references
Note: After submitting your Resume/CV, the subsequent page gives you instructions that enable you to upload the additional, required documents.
Confidential inquiries and nominations ONLY may be sent to:
- Ms. Marybeth Incandela
- Director of Human Resources
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 631-420-2542
The Consumer Information web page can be viewed at the following link http://www.farmingdale.edu/consumer-information/ This page describes various services, information and statistics on many different aspects of the College's operations.
VISA SPONSORSHIP IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION
Farmingdale State College seeks a broad and diverse pool of candidates for this position. The College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status or any other legally protected status.
More search results
Director and Professor, School of Criminology and…
Florida Atlantic University
Associate or Full Professor – Demography/Populati…
Minnesota Population Center - University of Minnesota
Dean, College of Fine Arts
Florida State University
Vice President for University Advancement Affairs…
Metropolitan State University of Denver
President and Chief Executive Officer
The Forum on Education Abroad