- Associate Dean for Student Services and Enrollment Management
- University of Virginia
- Charlottesville, VA
- Mar 10, 2017
Associate Dean for Student Services and Enrollment Management
Associate Dean for Student Services and Enrollment Management
University of Virginia
School of Continuing and Professional Studies
Responsibilities of the Position:
The Associate Dean for Student Services and Enrollment Management will be responsible for the strategic leadership of the School of Continuing and Professional Studies’ student and enrollment management services. This position will lead student admissions, registration and retention services; marketing and communications; and outreach and recruitment services. This position works collaboratively with other areas of the school in order for the school to reach new levels of success in attracting, recruiting and retaining students, and serving the professional development needs of employers through outreach.
Duties and responsibilities of the position include the following:
- Provide coordinated and comprehensive student services and enrollment management, from promotion and initial inquiry through registration and across the full student life cycle by providing strategic direction and leadership to the school’s student services, recruitment, retention, outreach, and marketing and communications personnel.
- Provide expertise in the development and implementation of university and school-wide systems and processes for areas of responsibility.
- Direct the development and implementation of a comprehensive enrollment management and recruitment plan, outreach plan and marketing plan, which will lead to meeting the school’s enrollment goals.
- Provide strategic leadership to student services and ensure a positive student experience that will lead to positive impacts on student recruitment, enrollment and retention. Provide leadership in the creation of a plan and processes for measuring the successes of key elements of the student experience.
- Provide leadership and direction of the School’s strategic marketing and communication personnel and initiatives including development, implementation, measurement and modification of the efficacy of the School’s marketing plans that will facilitate meeting enrollment goals.
- Oversee student records and ensure compliance with appropriate regulations, policies and processes regarding handling of student records and information.
- Serve as a member of the SCPS Senior Leadership Team, provide leadership, and work collaboratively with all areas of the school in developing, implementing and measurement of the School’s strategic direction and deployment of school resources.
Expectations for Performance:
The Associate Dean for Student Services and Enrollment Management will utilize strong leadership qualities and the ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with colleagues throughout the school, university and communities served by the school. The Associate Dean will learn, use, implement, evaluate and recommend current and future technologies in the enrollment management area; and utilize strong administrative, financial management/budgeting, planning and problem-solving skills. The Associate Dean will possess and utilize a strong working knowledge of higher education, and student services, enrollment management and marketing. The Associate Dean will understand the needs and desires of non-traditional students, will be committed to academic excellence, the provision of high quality services, and understand and respect institutional policies and procedures.
The Associate Dean for Student Services and Enrollment Management will serve as a member of the School of Continuing and Professional Studies’ senior leadership team, which plans and implements the strategic direction for the School, and will provide and model appropriate leadership that enables staff to effectively respond to changes that impact student services, and academic and business processes. The Associate Dean will also represent the School in University-wide and Commonwealth-wide planning efforts when those efforts focus on enrollment, marketing and student service matters. This position requires some travel, primarily day trips within the Commonwealth, but occasional overnight travel is required. This position requires occasional evening and weekend hours.
Relevant Credentials and Preferred Experience:
An earned doctoral degree is preferred; a master’s degree is required.
Relevant experience in higher education in the areas of student services, enrollment management and marketing including budgetary and personnel management responsibilities, and strategic planning.
Five years in an academic leadership role.
Knowledge of and experience in applying best practices in the areas of student services, enrollment management, recruitment, outreach and marketing.
Knowledge of current regulations pertaining to student records and protection of student information/identity.
Possess ability to utilize technology to facilitate, support and improve student services; possess excellent problem resolution, project management and leadership skills; demonstrated experience in resource allocation and implementing change; and demonstrated ability to work collegially with students, faculty, administrators, and support personnel.
How to apply:
To express interest in this opportunity, please prepare and upload a cover letter stating your interest in the position, with a CV and three references, to https://jobs.virginia.edu and search posting number 0620335.
If nominating an individual for this opportunity, please include the nominee’s contact information and send to Melissa Hurst at email@example.com. The position will be carried out with full confidentiality; candidates will be notified before references are contacted.
More search results
Founding Dean, School of Nursing and Health Profe…
York College of Pennsylvania
ASSOCIATE DEAN - MPPIII
San Francisco State University
Chief Information Officer
Arizona State University
Assistant Professor in Teacher Education (with sp…
JobElephant.com - CSU Bakersfield
Assistant Director of Annual Giving, Direct Marke…
University of North Carolina