Assistant Director of Development/Major Gifts Officer ICA
- Miami University
- Oxford, Ohio
Job Description Summary:
Job ID: 3811 - Unclassified - FT (Salaried)
The Assistant Director of Development/Major Gifts Officer will advance the mission of Miami University by planning, organizing, and implementing strategies to increase the level of personal involvement and financial commitment of alumni and friends. Particular emphasis will be given to strategies of identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding annual fund and major gifts, both current and deferred, to the Intercollegiate Athletics program.
- Serve as one of the departmental liaisons for Intercollegiate Athletics at Miami University in addressing their objectives.
- Manage a personal portfolio of major gift prospects to ensure that timely steps are taken toward identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. Work independently and collaboratively on the development and implementation of a strategy for each prospect with other staff, faculty, administrators, coaches and alumni volunteers. Encourage and coordinate involvement of prospects, alumni, and friends through campus visits and regional events.
- Assist with annual fund (Red & White Club) operations to increase Red & White Club members and revenues.
- Assist with the coordination of special events as appropriate.
- Assist in marketing and communication efforts of the athletic development office.
- Enhance communication with coaches and support staff of numerous sports by serving as the athletic development liaison.
- Engage young alumni and former student-athletes to participate in development efforts.
- Prepare and present departmental and division proposals to alumni and friends with the input and assistance of directors, staff, administrators, coaches and volunteers.
- Coordinate with the university development professionals on donor strategies and development initiatives with the support of advancement services, Office of Development staff and faculty and administrators, provide regular reports on progress and results of the prospect solicitation process, complete and file all contact reports in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties related to the mission of the Office of Development under guidance of the Senior Director of Development for Intercollegiate Athletics and the Vice President for University Advancement.
Bachelor's degree; one to three years of relevant experience such as fund raising or sales; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered; excellent written and verbal communication skills; evidence of ability to work cooperatively with administrators, faculty, staff, alumni and volunteers. This position requires regular attendance at evening and weekend events and willingness to travel extensively, primarily regionally, but also some on a national level. (Internships, volunteer work, and other experience gained during the completion of degree programs may be counted towards these requirements.)
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco free.
More search results
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
Portland State University
Washington University in St. Louis
Term Assistant Professor of Management
George Mason University
Dean of the School of Arts and Letters
College of St. Scholastica
Director of Institutional Compliance
University of North Texas