- Assistant Director of Development Arts & Science
- Miami University
- Oxford, Ohio
- Mar 13, 2017
Assistant Director of Development Arts & Science
Job Description Summary:
Job ID: 3815 - Unclassified - FT (Salaried)
The Assistant Director of Development will advance the mission of Miami University by planning, organizing and implementing strategies to increase the level of personal involvement and financial commitment of alumni and friends. Particular emphasis will be given to strategies seeking philanthropic and volunteer support for the College of Arts and Science.
- Serve as departmental liaison for the College of Arts and Science at Miami University in addressing their philanthropic and alumni relations objectives.
- Effect cultivation, solicitation and stewardship calls to alumni and friends independently and occasionally with other staff, faculty, administrators and alumni volunteers. Encourage and coordinate involvement of alumni and friends through campus visits and regional events.
- Prepare and present departmental and divisional proposals to alumni and friends with the input and assistance of faculty, staff, administrators and deans. Proposals may involve tax planning, gifts of real estate, personal property, securities, and gifts in wills, trusts, annuities and insurance.
- Develop and implement service, cultivation, and solicitation strategies for assigned prospects with the support of Advancement Services and Office of Development staff and faculty and administrators.
- Perform other duties related to the mission of the Office of Development under guidance of the Senior Director of Development for the College of Arts and Science and the Associate Vice President for University Advancement.
Bachelor degree required; one to three years of relevant experience; outstanding oral and written communication skills; commitment to collaboration; excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; and willingness to travel extensively both on a regional and national level.
Experience preferable in non-profit, higher education fundraising or corporate sales.
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco free.