Manager, Fiscal Services
- Antelope Valley College
- Lancaster, Ca
- $6,581.56/mo. + benefits
Antelope Valley College
Manager, Fiscal Services
Full time, 12 months
Salary: Range 31, $6,581.56/mo. + benefits
EXTENDED Deadline: February 28, 2017
Under the direction of the Controller, supports the District’s community and mission by providing leadership, direction and expertise in fiscal services; develops and maintains complex database used to develop the college budget; performs a variety of complex professional accounting and budgeting functions; and explains accounting and budgeting policies and procedures to the campus community. These duties require strategic planning skills, visionary leadership, a comprehensive knowledge of industry trends, advanced technology applications, and the ability to work collegially and collaboratively with diverse audiences throughout the campus community. The Manager supervises the accounting and budgeting department, and is responsible for the creation and implementation of departmental policies, procedures and standards. Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, effective organizational and negotiation skills and the ability to lead and motivate staff.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES: E = indicates essential duties of the position
• Formulate procedures and policies used fiscal services, accounting, budgeting and financial reporting. (E)
• Supervise and coordinates the daily operation of the college’s accounting and budgeting departments. (E)
• Overseas, audits and reconciles various accounting transactions including cashier’s receipts, bank deposits and cash
• Develops and maintains line item budget databases used to develop the college’s budget. (E)
• Reviews detail of the adopted budget for all college funds for accuracy and makes appropriate adjustments; including
budget transfers. (E)
• Provides college-wide fiscal information for program review process. (E)
• Provides fiscal information to various campus committees. (E)
• Ensures that accounting records accurately reflect college expenditures and revenues. (E)
• Monitors and maintains categorical, grant, auxiliary and operating budgets, including the preparation of reports and
providing financial analysis of all categorical and grant programs; provides support to departments in the management of
operating budgets. (E)
• Develops budgets for new and existing grants based on goals and objections including the preparation of cost analysis for
projects and sets up budget accordingly. (E)
• Conducts college year-end closing by preparing adjusting entries for all district funds; provides year-end fiscal reports for
categorical programs. (E)
• Assists in the development of the college budget. (E)
• Serves as the District liaison for the interim and annual audit; including random grant audits. (E)
• Maintains the chart of accounts for the District; makes recommendations on efficiencies in accounting structure. (E)
• Provides District-wide training and accounting and budget policies, processes and procedures. (E)
• Select, assign, train, evaluate, and develop staff in accordance with needs. (E)
• Prepare various financial reports; such as the IPEDS and District CCFS 311 Annual and Quarterly financial reports. (E)
• Confers with other agencies regarding the interpretation and application of laws, policies, and regulations as necessary.
• Receives and attempts to resolve complaints involving accounting and budgeting matters. (E)
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Business Services/Chief Business Official (E)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in accounting, finance, business, public administration or related field AND three years of responsible fiscal management experience proving knowledge in a wide variety of accounting and budgeting functions.
Associate’s degree from an accredited institution in accounting, finance, business, public administration or related field AND five (5) years of responsible fiscal management experience proving knowledge in a wide variety of accounting and budgeting functions. One year of education or 30 semester unit equivalent may be substituted for 1 year or experience.
Prior fiscal management leadership experience in an academic environment preferred. MBA and/or CPA preferred.
• Laws, rules, regulations, and procedures affecting accounting for receipts and disbursements.
• California Community Colleges Budget and Accounting Manual.
• Governmental accounting and auditing procedures, including Governmental Accounting Standards Board
pronouncements impacting California community colleges.
• Operation of financial accounting systems and the input and securing of information and data.
• Procedures, operations, and policies of a community college district.
• Principles of supervision and training.
• Plan and schedule fiscal activities for greatest efficiency and service.
• Analyze data and draw sound conclusions.
• Plan and supervise the work of others and work cooperatively with others.
• Prepare and maintain accurate, concise and complete records and reports.
• Train, supervise and evaluate personnel in methods and procedures of assigned functions.
• Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
WORK DIRECTION, LEAD AND SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Provides direction and Supervision to the Accountant(s), Accounting Assistant(s), Student Accounts Technician, cashiers, and other staff as assigned.
CONTACTS: Co-workers, administrators, students, vendors, other agency constituents, and the general public.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment.
For a complete listing and details of all open positions and how to apply, select the HR & Employment link on the AVC Web site at www.avc.edu or contact the Human Resources Office at (661) 722-6311; Voice/Relay, (661) 722-6300 x. 6360, 3041 West Avenue K, Lancaster, CA 93536.
More search results
Vice President of Student Affairs and Dean of Stu…
Assistant Professor - Physics
MC Human Resources
Director of Admission
Visiting Professor of International Business
University of San Francisco
Assistant Vice President for Human Resources
Franklin & Marshall College