- Assistant Director of Design
- Manhattan College
- New York, NY
- Mar 13, 2017
Assistant Director of Design
Manhattan College is an independent Catholic coeducational institution in the Lasallian tradition. We expect our faculty, administration, and staff to be knowledgeable about our mission and to make a positive contribution to that mission.
The Office of Marketing and Communication seeks an assistant director of design with a minimum of 4 to 6 years of related experience.
- Producing (primarily print-based) design work in a deadline driven environment for several initiatives, and with an array of stakeholders on and off campus.
- Overseeing the faithful interpretation of the Manhattan College brand and articulating the importance of brand consistency and brand equity to the College community by approving and assisting in logo, font, color usage, and establishing relationships with vendors, who are loyal to our brand.
- Creating and maintaining productive work processes within the department, to establish an efficient workflow between print, web and editorial.
- Working as a part of an integrated Marketing and Communication team, and serving the design needs of multiple clients across campus.
- Expressing and evolving the Manhattan College brand over a variety of media including, print, digital design, and photography.
- Art directing several photoshoots as needed.
- Establishing and maintaining a level of design that creates a cohesive, consistent and effective brand marketing stream. Supporting and extending brand architecture and core identity elements beyond printed matter to include interior design, environmental and signage design, and event design.
- Managing and art directing art assistant, as well as freelancers and resources for projects unable to be completed in-house.
- Representing the department and its work to executive leaders, by supporting and helping to develop creative and communications strategies for key projects and campaigns.
Background in print and experience in production. Must be proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator), and Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge of CSS and HTML are preferred.
Bachelor’s degree required, a master’s in graphic design or a related field is a plus.
Applications should be submitted to the link below:
Manhattan College welcomes applications from women, members of minority groups and those attracted to a college with a Catholic identity. An AA/EO Employer M/F/D/V
More search results
Senior Research Scientist
Associate Vice President for Finance and Administ…
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
Vice President of Information Technology and Chie…
San José State University
Vice President for Enrollment Management
University of St.Thomas
Director, Paul Simon Public Policy Institute
Paul Simon Public Policy Institute