Faculty Services Administrator
- University of South Florida
- Tampa, FL
- $47,659 - $52,000
Dept Number/Name: 0-6380-000 / Taneja College of Pharmacy - Dean's Office
College Division: USF Health- Taneja College of Pharmacy
Salary Plan: Administrative
Job Code/Title: 9635 / Faculty Services Administrator
Hiring Salary/Salary Range: 47,659 - 52,000
Position Number: 00025044
The USF Health Taneja College of Pharmacy is managed by the Dean and an actively engaged administrative leadership team. The mission of the college is to Transform Health through educating students to be outstanding and successful practitioners and leaders in the profession; through leading in discovery and innovation of education and practice in pharmacy; and through delivering the highest quality care in diverse, interprofessional clinical and community settings.
The Faculty Services Administrator (FSA) will serve as the primary resource and administrative officer on university policies and procedures regarding faculty appointments and processes such as visas, tenure, promotion, faculty recruitment, faculty activity reporting (FARS) and annual evaluations for COP faculty. The FSA will work within the Office of Faculty affairs to support faculty activities that will enhance their performance and success in the College. The FSA will also be responsible for providing administrative support to the Associate Dean of Faculty Affairs.
This position will report to the Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs in the Taneja College of Pharmacy. This position provides professional and administrative support to the Associate Dean and the Office of Faculty Affairs This position requires considerable contact with the COP faculty through individual appointments, email and phone calls. The FSA must maintain extensive and up-to-date knowledge of university policies and procedures and interpret them for human resources and faculty reporting matters. The FSA must be able to interpret faculty needs and provide individualized service. The FSA deals with large amount of confidential information, and maintains records for faculty appointments, evaluations, and recruitment. This person archives documents for accreditation purposes and maintains email list serves/other files as required.
- Track tenure for tenure-earning faculty and notify the appropriate Chair of Pharmacotherapeutics and Clinical Research or Chair of Pharmaceutical Sciences of faculty eligible for mid-tenure review and/or tenure promotion. Prepare portfolios and material for distribution to tenure applicants. Track correspondence to notify departments of appointments and terminations of appointments.
- Oversee all COP faculty recruitment processes including funding plans, position description, advertisements, and initiating the appointment process in Careers. This position requires a high level of professionalism to work closely with faculty recruitment candidates.
- Provide necessary administrative support for the Associate Dean of Faculty Affairs including coordinating foreign and domestic travel.
- Coordinates foreign national faculty employment processes and reviews foreign national employment documents such as H1B and J-1Visas for faculty and post doctorates. Will oversee immigration and visa processes sponsored by the College
- Business Liaison for the Office of Faculty Affairs. This includes preparation of annual budget for the office and tracking of expenses.
- Coordination of the Faculty Leadership professional development. Provides faculty with the opportunity to enhance their leadership skills, collaborate with other faculty leaders, and improve their experience and contribution to the USF College of Pharmacy. Scheduling/planning conferences and/or workshops including arranging logistics for attendees, facilitating communication for promoting event, setting up catering, setting up event, etc.
- Review and track all COP Faculty Activity Reports (FAR) each semester (fall, spring and summer) to ensure accurate and timely submission of these reports.
- Interpret applicable USF policies and procedures to provide guidance on matters affiliated with leave of absences such as Paid Parental Leave.
- This position requires a Master's degree in business administration, human resources or other related field; or a Bachelor's degree in those same fields with a minimum of two years of experience.
- Master's degree in business administration, human resources, or other related fields with one to three years of experience.
- Experience in a University setting is preferred.
- Human Resource, visas/immigration paperwork, international travel, promotion, and tenure and leave experience preferred.
Information for Applicants
This position is subject to a Level 1 criminal background check.
Job Opening Number: 29399
Posting Date: 12/01/2021
Posting End Date: 01/02/2022
How To Apply
Click on the Apply Now button. When applying to an opening you will have the opportunity to upload a cover letter and resume.
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME, PLUS ANY OTHER REQUESTED MATERIAL, MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT. Only online applications are accepted for this position.
Click here for additional tutorial information.
Equal Employment Opportunity
USF is an equal opportunity, equal access academic institution that embraces diversity in the workplace.The University of South Florida does not discriminate on the basis of sex and prohibits sexual harassment. Any person may report sex discrimination, including sexual harassment (whether or not the person reporting is the person alleged to be the victim of conduct that could constitute sex discrimination or sexual harassment), in person, by mail, by telephone, or by electronic mail, using the contact information listed for the Title IX Coordinator. Reports may be made at any time either online or directly to the University's Title IX Coordinator.
Campus map and location overview:
The University of South Florida is a high-impact global research university dedicated to student success. Over the past 10 years, no other public university in the country has risen faster in U.S. News and World Report's national university rankings than USF. Serving more than 50,000 students on campuses in Tampa, St. Petersburg and Sarasota-Manatee, USF is designated as a Preeminent State Research University by the Florida Board of Governors, placing it in the most elite category among the state's 12 public universities. USF is a member of the American Athletic Conference.
Working at USF
With more than 16,000 employees at USF, the University of South Florida is one of the largest employers in the Tampa Bay region. At USF you will find opportunities to excel in a rich academic environment that fosters the development and advancement of our employees. We believe in creating a talented, engaged and driven workforce through on-going development and career opportunities. We also offer a first class benefit package that includes medical, dental and life insurance plans, retirement plan options, tuition program and generous leave programs and more.
To learn more about working at USF please visit: Work Here. Learn Here. Grow Here.
More search results
Inaugural Dean of the School of Education, Social…
University of Missouri-Kansas City
Microbiome Tenure-Track Faculty Cluster Hire
Texas A&M College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
University of Louisville
New Brunswick Theological Seminary - Director of …
New Brunswick Theological Seminary
Ivy Tech Community College