- Gonzaga University
- Spokane, Washington
Gonzaga University invites applications and nominations for the position of Provost. The Provost will be an experienced senior academic administrator who demonstrates an unqualified commitment to foster, promote, enhance, and maintain the Jesuit, Catholic, and humanistic identity of the University as expressed in its mission, vision, and strategic plan. Working collaboratively with the other executive leaders in the University, the Provost will coordinate institutional strategic and intentional planning, fiscal decision making, and resource allocation efforts that highlight and advance the educational mission, while supporting the goals of the University.
Concomitant to pursuit of the University’s vision, mission, and strategic plans, the Provost is expected to:
- provide and nurture creative, dynamic, and visionary leadership;
- be an excellent listener, engaging intentionally with members of the University community to understand the culture and systems at work;
- work effectively with the academic deans to coordinate instructional programs and operations and support the growth and development of faculty and staff;
- work effectively with student affairs leadership to promote the priorities of advancing diversity, equity & inclusion, promoting student well-being and flourishing, and fostering an integrated approach to student learning & development;
- advance diversity, equity, and inclusion approaches to support recruitment, hiring, and retention efforts in academic and student affairs;
- promote shared governance through collaboration with faculty and the Faculty Senate;
- encourage excellent teaching and meaningful campus engagement outside the classroom;
- provide leadership in developing a well-coordinated, integrated structure for effectively leading the academic and student affairs initiatives of the University;
- maintain and support high standards for academic excellence;
- support the objective review and evaluation of academic programs;
- engage collaboratively cross-divisionally while also fostering meaningful academic and co-curricular learning and engagement opportunities;
- and support faculty scholarship and development and the professional development of staff.
The Provost actively encourages academic and student affairs colleagues to actualize a truly integrated approach to the educational experience for students. This leader will focus on the continuous work of building a strong and effective collaboration between academic and student affairs and will foster a university culture that is characterized by transparency, inclusiveness, equity, and a shared passion for educating students for lives of leadership and service for the common good. The Provost will instill a framework of collaboration, accountability and empower their team to achieve expected results.
The Provost reports to the President, is a member of the President’s Leadership Team, and will be charged with leading major institutional initiatives that will inform strategic direction-setting, program development, and resource prioritization and allocation.
Gonzaga is located less than half a mile from downtown Spokane, Washington, and 15 minutes from the Spokane International Airport. The city is epitomized by its slogan, “Creative by Nature,” and offers vast opportunities for a range of interests, including the arts, sports, or a multitude of outdoor activities. Spokane’s population is about 222,081, with the Greater Spokane area encompassing about 573,493 people. The city is lauded for good weather, excellent schools, an abundance of parks, and stunning natural scenery.
Kim Bobby and Garry W. Owens—both representing AGB Search—will be assisting the Gonzaga University Provost Search Committee. Should prospective nominators or potential candidates have questions or wish to seek additional clarification, they are encouraged to contact either Dr. Bobby (email@example.com), or Dr. Owens (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly by email prior to submitting materials.
The Leadership Profile may be found at: https://www.agbsearch.com/searches/provost-gonzaga-university
Application materials must be submitted electronically and should include: 1) a letter of interest that addresses specifically how the candidate’s experiences and qualifications intersect with Gonzaga University’s desired qualifications, experience, and attributes as identified in the Leadership Profile; 2) a curriculum vitae (kindly include your personal email address and cell phone number); and, 3) the names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses of five references for future contact — please also note your professional relationship with each reference listed. No references will be contacted without prior permission granted by the candidate. All candidate names will remain confidential until campus finalists are announced. Application and nomination materials should be submitted electronically by the target date of February 18, 2022 to: GonzagaProvost@agbsearch.com
Gonzaga University is a committed EEO/AA employer and diversity candidates are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability status, veteran status, gender, race or other protected category.
More search results
Dean, Macaulay Honors College
City University of New York
Lecturer in Veterinary Technology
University of New Hampshire
Assistant Professor of School Psychology
California State University, Los Angeles, Division of Special Education & Counseling
Senior Educational Program Administrator
University of Connecticut
Academic Specialist in Biology
Lyman Briggs College, Michigan State University