Associate Dean for Education and Academic Affairs
- Indiana University School of Dentistry
- Indianapolis, IN
Associate Dean for Education and Academic Affairs
Indiana University School of Dentistry (IUSD) invites nominations and applications for the position of Associate Dean for Education and Academic Affairs, with the appointment to begin July 1, 2022 or as soon as it is filled. This is a full-time 1.0 FTE, 12-month appointment requiring associate or full professor rank with tenure.
The Associate Dean for Education and Academic Affairs serves as the chief academic officer for the School of Dentistry and its educational programs and reports directly to the Dean. The Associate Dean for Education and Academic Affairs serves as the director of the predoctoral dental education program leading to the DDS degree and is responsible for implementing academic policies related to the DDS curriculum and instruction, student assessment, advancement, and graduation. The Associate Dean is also responsible for providing leadership and oversight of assessment, program evaluation and continuous quality improvement and ongoing compliance with Commission on Dental Accreditation standards for the dental and allied dental programs.
Integral to the IUSD Strategic Plan 2020-2025, the Associate Dean for Education and Academic Affairs will lead the school in curricular innovations that transform our clinical education environment to one built upon the principles of entrustment, within a person-centered care environment, and prepare graduates who are “practice ready” for contemporary oral healthcare delivery settings that serve a diverse patient population. The Associate Dean is responsible for facilitating a humanistic and inclusive learning environment for our multicultural student body, advocating for student learning, and supporting faculty development in educational “best practices”.
To facilitate this transition, we are seeking an inspirational and visionary leader who has taught in a variety of settings and who has an established body of scholarly work in teaching and learning. This individual will have experience in utilizing an evidenced-based approach to teaching, curriculum development, assessment, contemporary methodologies for adult learners, and competency-based education best practices.
ASSOCIATE DEAN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with faculty, students and administrators to optimize student learning outcomes through innovative practices
- Facilitate and oversee best practices in the assessment of institutional and programmatic outcomes
- Partner with other school leaders to promote research, innovation, and scholarly publication focusing on the educational mission
- Create and maintain a humanistic learning environment among faculty, staff, and students
- Review, develop and administer academic policies
- Lead and sustain effective teamwork, and foster the professional development of the staff in the Office of Education and Academic Affairs
- DDS/DMD from a CODA-accredited institution or equivalent; or PhD or EdD
- Administrative experience in various aspects of academic affairs, e.g. academic progress and/or student disciplinary actions
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal relations skills
- Proven commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Experience in a doctoral-level health profession education setting
- Advanced degree in education or a similar discipline
- Previous experience as an assistant dean or higher
- Mediation or conflict resolution experience
IUSD offers a dynamic learning environment for faculty, in which teaching, research, clinical care, and community service are core to our mission, through clinical programs in Indianapolis, Fort Wayne and Evansville, Indiana. Our main facility includes a state-of-the-art 45,000–square-foot James J. Fritts DDS Clinical Care Center on the IUPUI campus, adjacent to local hospitals and part of an urban academic health center. We deliver a wide range of services and outreach to more than 20,000 patients per year. IUSD enrolls approximately 800 students annually in degree and/or certificate programs in dentistry, allied dental programs, PhD, and advanced dental specialty programs tailored to current and future needs of the professions and the communities we serve. The IU School of Dentistry is the only dental school in the state and educates 80% of the dentists practicing in Indiana. Over 12,000 alumni of IUSD are pursuing careers throughout the US and around the world.
Interested candidates should review the application requirements below and submit their application at https://indiana.peopleadmin.com/postings/11896.
- Ink-signed letter of intent
- Statement of present career achievements and future interests
- Complete curriculum vitae
- Names of three general professional references with contact information (Reference letters are not requested at this time.)
- For tenure status, names of three referees with contact information (Referee’s letters are not requested at this time.)
Questions regarding the position or application process can be directed to: Mr. Damon L. Spight Faculty Recruitment Manager
IU School of Dentistry Office of Faculty Affairs email@example.com
Review of applicants will begin immediately.
As the state’s premier urban research institution, IUPUI is committed to being a welcoming campus community that reflects and enacts the values of diversity, equity and inclusion that inform academic excellence. We seek candidates who will not only enhance our representational diversity but whose research, teaching, and community engagement efforts contribute to diverse, equitable, and inclusive learning and working environments for our students, staff, and faculty. IUPUI condemns racism in all its forms and has taken an anti-racist stance that moves beyond mere statements to interrogating its policies, procedures, and practices. We hope to identify individuals who will assist in our mission to dismantle racism so that everyone has opportunity to succeed at IUPUI.
More search results
Deep-Sea Oceanographer: Tenure-Track Faculty Posi…
University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Oceanography
Lecturer or Professor of the Practice, Computing
University of Maryland Baltimore County
Assistant/Associate Professor - Educational Admin…
University of North Carolina Wilmington
Assistant Professor -Sculpture and Extended Media
Virginia Commonwealth University
Assistant College Lecturers (UPDATED - 4 position…
Cleveland State University